chapter 107: surprise

I wake up to a knock at the door, and sigh. "What is it?" I groan.

I've been staying in this room for 2 weeks, hiding myself to shield from the embarrassment I feel about this whole situation, and I prefer not to be disturbed. Especially not at the asscrack of dawn.

"It's me," says Tomura. "I brought you something."

I roll my eyes. He's been trying to cheer me up by bringing me expensive food like 5 times a day, and it's pretty nice after I've been starving my ass off for months, but it's got to be fucking 5am right now, and I'm not feelin it. "It's early as fuck, Shiggy. I'm not hungry yet."

"It's not food."

   As my curiosity is piqued, I decide I might as well see what kind of present he's brought to have him rapping at my chamber door so early in the morning. "Fine," I sigh, "You can come in."

   The door slowly opens, and I look up to see what kind of stuffed animal or Nintendo Switch he has in store for me. And when I see what he's brought, my eyes widen at the beautiful sight, one that I never thought I'd see again.

My Katsuki stands there in all of his pajama-wearing glory, looking just as shocked as I am. "Kai?" he says, like he can hardly believe it.

   I don't have time to process before my excitement kicks in. "Kitty!" I exclaim as I scramble off the mattress as quickly as possible to rush over to that boy that I adore so much. I fling my arms around him in a bear hug with a big fat smile on my face as I squeeze the life out of him.

   I shut my eyes and I hold onto him so tight that there's no possible way he'll be able to get away from me again. I've waited for what feels like years for this, to hold my Katsuki close to me and hear his voice, to finally be in the presence of the one I adore. And with Shiggy being the one who's brought him to me, it almost seems too good to be true.

   Katsuki doesn't hug me back, he just grabs onto my shoulders and moves me back to look at my face. "Is it really you?" he says frantically, still with that expression of shock on his face.

   "Yes, it's me," I stay, smiling so hard my cheeks are beginning to hurt.

   He looks at each one of my eyes back and forth, still without a smile, just a look of utter disbelief.

   I know he still doesn't believe it, so my big cheesy grin turns into more of a smirk as I come up with a way to convince him. "Wanna know how I know you listen to Mozart?" I say.

   His anxiously skeptical look disappears, and is replaced with the biggest smile I've ever seen. He takes me into his arms just as tight as I did before, then snatches me off the ground before spinning me around with ecstatic laugh. "Oh, my god," he cries, "It's really you!"

"I know!" I say, laughing along with him.

He moves back a little and puts his hands on either side of my face as he stares at me with eyes shining with elation. "How?!" he cries.

"Twice," I say, chuckling at how he looks just like a kid on Christmas. "He made a double, I was safe the whole time."

"I'm so glad you're okay," he says, before taking me back into his arms and squeezing me close to him. "I missed you so much," he says softly, sounding like he's on the edge of tears.

"I missed you too, kittykat," I say, smiling through tears myself.

He moves me off of him, then turns to Tomura, suddenly going from looking ecstatic to ticked off as all hell. "So you knew she was ok the whole time?" he says, anger beginning to show.