chapter 101: ponchoto

bakugo

   It's been an entire week now without a single visit from her, and I'm so worried that I haven't even been able to eat. I just keep thinking to myself, what if she's dead? What if he killed her, and she's dead? What if she wasn't getting fed enough, and she starved to death? Why else wouldn't she be coming back?

   These questions haunt me every waking moment of the day. I also spend that time cursing myself over and over again for telling her to go into Aizawa's dream before spending at least a little time with her, I had no idea I wouldn't see her again for so long.

   Aizawa debriefed the class on what happened with Kai a few days ago, omitting details of course, but they all know the situation. Kirishima and the rest of the class are trying to stay hopeful, but I'm starting to lose faith.

I'm starting to hope that it was never true at all. Maybe she's out there somewhere, sitting on a beach, happier than ever. I can only pray that that's where she is, and not rotting away in an all white room.

   Even after an entire week of knowing that she's been abducted, the useless pro-heroes still have no idea where she could possibly be. They aren't working any harder in finding her, which pisses me the fuck off. I call the police station every day, and the only answer they ever have for me is that they're "working on it".

I spend my nights sleeping as much as I possibly can, so there's less of a chance of me missing her, and pray every night that I'll see her again.

aerie

   I have no idea how long I've been in this room by the time I start to hatch a plan. They're force feeding me, so I'm starting to regain my energy, and I've noticed it's starting to take a few hits to knock me out instead of one. Naturally, thanks to my genius brain, I have an idea.

As soon as I feel drowsy enough to sleep, I lower my head. Another crony comes in and smacks me in the head with a 2 by 4, and I let my head fall limp immediately. My head's lifted up by my hair, then dropped, which makes my already sore neck ache in pain.

I sit there, as motionless as possible, before beginning to drift off peacefully, something that I haven't had for what feels like weeks.

~

I look around my surroundings and quickly realize I'm dreaming, as I'm in my old bedroom, hearing my mother screaming and my sister crying from the other room. Part of me wants to go and help, but I know that it's all in my head, and I have bigger fish to fry.

I snap my fingers, hoping to god that I appear in Bakugo's dream again, but I have no luck. I try Kiri next, then even Aizawa, but all of them must me awake. I try to come up with some sort of solution as to how to come up with information myself, and have a bright idea.

   Maybe... just maybe...

   Before I can think too hard on it, I snap my fingers. And suddenly, I'm in a forest, surrounded by blue fire. I look around, and see just the person I was looking for.

   Dabi stands still, watching the trees engulfed by flames, with a small smile on his face.

   I figured, hey, if this guy was nice enough to tell me the truth about Tomura, maybe he'd give up the deets on where we are.

   I quickly make my way over to him, and tap on his shoulder. "Hey, Dabi," I say, kindly.

   He narrows his eyes at me. "What do you want?" he asks.

   "What's the address of the facility we're staying at?" I reply, bluntly.

   "You think I'd give that up?" he says, with a slight chuckle. "I told you to find a way to get the hell out of here yourself, not bring the heroes into it. You should have listened to me and waited until your hand healed up, but you're a coward, so you fled. That's your problem."