chapter 111: first timer

bakugo

   I sway my head side to side as I slowly come into consciousness.

   Fuck, my head hurts.

   My eyes flutter open, and I stare down at my lap, still swaying my head to try and relieve the loud ringing in my ears. After a moment of waiting for the headrush to die down, I slowly lift my heavy head to scan the room. The walls are made of concrete, and there's nothing in here but this metal chair that I'm tied to to with leather straps.

   What the hell? Where am I? Where's Kai?

   Then, it all comes back to me.

   My head springs up as if it's caught a second wind, and I whip it from behind one shoulder to the other, re-scanning the room now that I remember what the hell is going on here. There's a camera in the top left corner, and a door to my right, but besides that, the room is empty.

   I struggle in my restraints. "Hey!" I shout. "Where are you sons of bitches?!"

I expect to sit for hours before anyone decides to show their face to torture or interrogate me, but I'm quickly proven wrong as some small-framed government crony walks through the door, shutting it behind him. "You must be Bakugo," he says.

I roll my eyes. "Duh. What are you, stupid?"

"I'm Aki," he says, seeming to pay no mind to what I have to say.

"I don't give a shit who you are. Where's Aerie?"

He blinks, ignoring the question. "Here's what's going to happen. You're going to go back to UA, tell everyone that the villains forced you to take part in that video, and forget that Arabella Skarke ever existed."

I scoff. "Hell fucking no. Where is she?"

He stares ahead at me, emotionless. "Skarke is a terrorist," he says, "She's the worst of the worst. Her being alive is a threat to this country."

"No she's not," I say flatly, sick of hearing that bullshit for the 100th time. "Where is she?"

He sighs. "She's alive. For now."

"Let me see her."

"No."

I grit my teeth in annoyance. "I'm not sure what your master plan is here, but if I don't see that she's safe, you'll have to kill me before I do anything for you."

He raises his eyebrows slightly. "I'm not sure what you think this is," he says, seeming unimpressed. "But you don't call the shots here. I do. And you're going to do as I say, or you'll be wishing you did."

I scoff. "I'm not afraid of you," I say with a chuckle.

"You will be," he says, coldly.

I roll my eyes. "Like I said, you'll have to kill me before I do anything for you bastards."

He raises his eyebrows once again with a deep breath. "That's not out of the question," he says.

I scoff. "And how's that gonna work out for you, idiot? Kirishima will snitch if he thinks anything bad happened to us. The public already hates you; if you kill me too, the heroes are done."

He shakes his head with an amused smirk. "We're not going to kill you," he says.

"You just said it's not out of the question, dumbass."

"It's not, on our end. But we won't need to. You're going to comply."

I scoff. "Like hell I will."