chapter 102: bang.

By the time we finally get to the address after hours of speeding down the highway, I'm so nervous that I'm starting to feel sick. But more than anything, I'm determined. I'm going to find Kai and bring her home, no matter what it takes.

   "Remember you two," says Aizawa. "Do not go off on your own, and get permission before you do anything. And I mean anything."

   "Got it," says Kirishima, "We won't let you down, Sensei."

   "Do you understand, Bakugo?"

   I roll my eyes. "What, you think I'm stupid or something?"

   Aizawa sighs, then opens the door and steps out, joining the rest of the pros all lined up in front of the building.

   "What is this place?" asks Kirishima.

   "It's an abandoned mental health facility," Aizawa replies. "Did she say what floor she was on, Bakugo?"

   "She said she was locked in an empty white room."

   "Okay. Solitary rooms start on the 12th floor, so that's where our group is heading first. Are you ready?"

   "Yes sir!" says Kirishima.

   "Alright," says Aizawa. "Bakugo, open the door."

   "Don't tell me what to do," I say as I march up to the door, then blast it open.

   We all burst through the busted open door and begin to storm the building, but find no villains in immediate sight.

   "Bakugo, Kirishima, Endeavor, with me," says Aizawa, as he walks straight to the stairway.

   As we begin to climb the stairs as quickly as possible, we start to hear fighting and yelling from outside, but Aizawa tells us to ignore the others and stay focused on our mission.

   After what feels like hours, but probably was only 3 minutes of practically sprinting up the stairs, we finally reach the 12th floor.

   I swing open the door, praying that there will be a villain for me to kill right off the bat, but the floor seems to be empty. "What gives?" I whisper, "Where the hell is everyone?"

   "Uhh, Bakugo?" says Kirishima, from behind me. I turn to see what he's looking at, and when I look that way, I see none other than Shigaraki himself sitting in a chair against the wall, all alone in the empty hallway.

   Before Aizawa can tell me not to, I sprint up to the bastard and rev up my palms, aiming straight for his stupid eczema-covered face. "Where is she?!" I shout.

   He looks up at me slowly. "Who?" he asks, innocently.

   I hear Aizawa and the others run up behind me, but I don't move for a second. "Kai!" I shout, "Where the fuck is she?!"

   "Who's that?" the bastard replies, playing dumb like I won't blast this motherfucker to kingdom come as soon as I get the chance.

   "You know who I'm talking about!" I shout, "Aerie!"

"Bakugo," says Aizawa, putting his arm between me and the punk ass motherfucker who stole my girlfriend. "Stand down."

   "Aerie? That's why you're here?" Shigaraki says, with a grin beginning to creep onto his ugly ass face. "You want Aerie? I didn't think heroes cared about the well being of degenerates like her."

   "What are you talking about?" mutters Aizawa.

   Shigaraki averts his gaze from me to Endeavor and Aizawa. "You're here to rescue a girl that has spent her entire youth as a thief, met and fell in love with the leader of the League of Villains, then joined UA as a spy? That's priceless."