Chapter 43 ~ Darkness on the Horizon

A/N: Thanks for waiting for this one! Sorry its a little later then usual, life is busy! Any who, enjoy the chapter ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking into the living room, I sigh and look around at my family and Briar who are clustered together talking quickly and fluently. They don't even hear dad and I walk in, and I clear my throat to get there attention, and they look up and over at me. Uncle Elijah straightens up and fixes his suit, and I couldn't help but notice the blood stains are on his white collar, and Aunt Rebekah looks like she's seen better days.

Nodding to them, I see Briar and clench my jaw before nodding briskly to her. Whatever bad blood we had before, it wasn't worth it anymore. My mom is in danger, and we could use all the help we could get, and at this point I don't even remember why I was mad at her anyway. Looking from her to my Dad, I can almost see the tension and aggravation between them two. I raise one eyebrow at her, and she just nods back.

Shaking that from my mind, I take in a deep breath before walking over to the table and put my plan down on the table. "Okay, dad filled me in. Uncle Elijah, your plan will not work, and you and I both know that - no offense. Its to head on, and we would end up loosing anyway. We need to think this out, and lucky for you I have a new plan that should work better. But, your going to have trust me a little, okay?" Looking at everyone, I nod a few times and look down at my plan.

Uncle Elijah raises his eyebrows and looks at me in surprise. "Excuse me, Adriana, but how is my plan not going to work?" He asks calmly, and firmly.

Turning to look at him, I sigh and tuck my hair behind me ear. "Well, its to head on for it to work. We have no idea what Astra has planned, and what we are walking into. Astra will be ready for us, and we can't risk walking into a trap and dying, or getting bombarded - again." I say, and look him in the eye trying to ignore the wave of heat washing over my ears. Standing up to Elijah and talking back to him was something I never did before, but it felt good to take charge for once.

He only sighs and shakes his head, looking up at me. "Surely you cannot be serious." He stares me in the eyes, and I bite my lip and nod. He sighs, shaking his head in discontent. "You want to save your mother, yes?"

I raise my eyebrows at him, surprised by his answer. "Of course, she's my mother. I want nothing more then for her to be home, safe. But I'm not going to get myself killed trying to save her, that will just everything worse. And you can't have a rescue team without the rescuers, so if were going to do this we need to do it right." Looking him right in the eye, I square my shoulders and hold my ground.

He sighs, and ponders on the idea for a little while before he nods. "Well, lets hear this brilliant plan that you have ever so carefully though out, shall we?" Gesturing to the paper on the table, and nods briskly to me. The look in his eyes though is filled with doubt, and has an edge of cockiness to it.

Nonetheless, I'm not about to give up so easily. Nodding and clearing my throat, I turn and look at the paper on the table. "Right. Well, considering Astra has made her headquarters here, on the other side of the river, we can count on there being rouge wolves in her army. But its close enough to the quarter for her to pick up any outcast vampires, witches, or even humans. The humans to do her bidding of course." Looking up, everyone has that "get to the point, please" look on there faces.

Nodding, I clear my throat again and muster up my confidence and leadership skills that dad drilled into me. "Anyway, as we all know wolves always cover the entrances, and since Astra seems to have given them something make them control there turning, we can count them being in wolf form or something close to it. However, I have something that can give the wolves a headache that will last a century." Smirking, dad chuckles and nods to me to keep going.