Chapter 44 ~ Always Isn't Forever

A/N: Enjoy the Finale! <3

Adriana's POV

We stand in the middle of the yard, looking at the giant old building that is Astra's lair. The wind is blowing, causing my family and I's hair to blow behind us. The smell of wolves, vampires, witches, and humans is thick in the air. I close my eyes, and become centered with my werewolf and witch side, and take in deep breaths. There are no sounds, and everything is still and quiet - as if everything can sense the fight that is about to happen.

Focusing, the sound of doors opening and closing inside of the building and the leaves crunching makes my eyes snap open. Astra, Samuel, and Mikael are standing roughly fifty feet from us. I hold my chin up, and square my shoulders as I stare at them. Astra, Samuel, and Mikael being out isn't supposed to happen in the plan, but plans change.

She smirks, and looks at my family and I, and day-walkers emerge behind us along with Marcel. "I see you've brought friends." Astra says, and her eyes dart over all of us. "To what do I owe this amazing displeasure?" She asks, and I can hear her heartbeat rising.

Smirking back at her, I look at her with a death glare. The only thing I feel for her is anger, hate, and the strong, overwhelming feeling to kill her. "Revenge." I say simply, and clench my jaw.

Astra laughs her sick cackle, and it runs through my body like fuel. "As if this petty group could kill me and my men. When will you all learn that you cannot beat me? My army can take you and your... Family without blinking." The way she says family is like it's the worst word in the world.

Keeping the smirk on my face, I look her dead in the eye. "We'll see about that." Not flinching, I don't drop my eyes from hers and her heart rate rises even more.

She raises her hands, and vampires jump from the windows and witches stride out. Large, burly men and strong women walk out and I can tell instantly that they are wolves. Even humans walk out, and they are clutching weapons that can kill vampires in a second. Overall, there is over a hundred people behind Astra.

Not letting my nerves and surprise show, I glance over at my family and they are analyzing the fighters. Looking back over at Astra, I let out a growl and clench my hands into fists. "Vestra pugna iustus coepit." Astra tiles her head in confusion and wonder, and that is all that I need.

My hands fly up, my palms facing Astra and her army. They all grab their heads, and fall to the ground in crippling pain. I focus more, and I can feel a magical block around Astra, Mikael, and Samuel. My magic just bounces off of the wall, and I can growl in frustration. "Now!" I yell, and my family and allies dash forwards and attack them head on.

Heads roll on the ground, and hearts lay scattered on the ground. Astra screams in anger, and she thrusts her hand towards me and I fly through the air and smash into a tree. The tree shatters like glass, and I land hard on the ground, my magic ends when I hit the tree. Groaning, I look up and see my family being surrounded by Astra's army. Within seconds, hissing, growling, and the sound of things ripping echo's through the air.

Snarling, I dash up and enter the fight by snapping a vampire's neck. Two wolves lunge at me, but I extend a hand and they freeze unable to move. I raise them into the air and snap their necks, before throwing them into their friends. The witches are conscience now, and they start to use magic. Everyone on my side is crippled in pain, and with a growl I throw them against the building with a wave of my hand.

Turning, I knock a few wolves and vampires out, before turning to Z. She hisses, and lunges at Aunt Rebekah and knocks her to the ground. I stand back, and observe their fight. Aunt Rebekah grabs her by the throat and has pinned against a tree in a flash. She hisses and goes to snap Z's neck when Z grabs her hand and head butts her hard, before pushing her back. She then grabs onto a large stick and rams it through my Aunt's stomach.