Chapter 20 ~ Home Sweet Home?

A/N: This picks up right after the last chapter ended :) Enjoy!

~Adriana's POV~

I look over at my family, and watch as my father feeds me blood. I know what has happened, sort of anyway. "Daddy? I'm right here, don't cry!" I say, and before I know it I'm in front of Bonnie who is talking to a blonde haired woman that I don't recognize. 

"Oh my god.." Bonnie says, and looks at me tears in her eyes. what's with everyone and there tears today?

"Bonnie, why am I here?" 

"Your dead. You need to cross over to the other side, and find peace. Just take my hand." She says extending one hand and to me.

The blonde witch looks puzzled and I realize that she can't see me. 

"Will it hurt?" I ask, suddenly feeling scared and nervous. 

She shakes her head. "No, it won't. You won't feel a thing, I promise." Nodding, I gently take her hand closing my eyes. When I re-open them, I am surrounded by different people and species. I recognize a few of them from picture in my father's study, and some are witches while others are wolves. 

"Can you see me?" The all ask simultaneously, which is really creepy.

"Yes, I can." I say nervously and fearfully. One man steps forwards, with short brown hair and he looks younger then Uncle Elijah but similar to him. When he steps forwards, the others disappear and it's just us two now. 

"Hello there, Adriana right?" I nod my head softly, not knowing if I can trust this man. 

"Yes, who are you?" He smiles a weird smirky smile, and kneels down in front of me taking my hand. When he does, I feel a warm shiver run through my body. By his expression he does to. 

"I guess I'm you Uncle now. Your Uncle Kol. And you have a very, very special gift." 

"I do? What is it Uncle Kol?"

He chuckles softly, and his expression is soft and caring. "You can bring people back from The Other Side. But you have to be alive first to do it, and that means you have to go back to your family. Okay?" 

"Okay. But before I do, can I have a hug? It's been a long day." Uncle Kol smile warmly, and hugs me tightly and I hug him back.

He pulls back, and I look up at him. "How do I get back though? I'm dead right?" 

"You'll know when it's time." Just as he says this, he disappears in a blueish fog and Bonnie and I are in front of each other again.

"No, this isn't supposed to happen." Bonnie says, and I feel strong force pulling me towards her.

"Wait, what's going o-" 

And before I know it, I'm being thrown through her and my blue eyes shoot open as I gasp loudly shooting up in my father's arms. Everyone breathes a sigh of relief, and I blink rapidly before looking around at everybody. "How do you-" My father starts to speak, before I pass out cold.

_________________________________

I stir restlessly, unsure of what has been happening. Blinking my eyes open, I groan softly looking around. After realizing that I’m back in my own room in New Orleans, my whole body relaxes.

My stomach is a bit sore, but I feel fine. Just a bit... Hungry. My blue eyes take in the pretty room, which I’m sure my Aunt decorated.

Only then did I notice the big brown chair, and my father ‘sleeping’ in the chair. I’m guessing that he hears the change in my heart beat, and opens his eyes. He is beside my bed in a flash, and he takes my hand squeezing it gently.