Chapter 24 ~ Ghost of the Past

Adriana's back hits the brown wall, and she stares straight into the awaiting eyes of the person before her. She swallows hard, and holds her chin up high looking strong in her scaredest moment. "What do you want with me? Why are you here?"

She demands, her eyes darkening and a cold breeze rushes through the room and blows her blonde hair around. To her surprise the figure reaches up and pulls down her hood, revealing a beautiul face and light blue eyes with dark black hair that has a single blue streak in it.

"My name is Laurena Zaria Everson... But you can call me Z." A light smirk flitters across her pale face, and she continues on walking a few paces away from her before turning back to face her.

"I dont mean you any harm at all, in fact I'm on your side. I want the same thing you do." Z says softly, and Adriana takes a deep breath and walks forwards narrowing her eyes in suspicion.

"Oh yeah, and what might that be?" She asks moving her head slightly as she speak, and pursing her lips. Adriana crosses her arms and stares at the girl, unsure if she can really trust her or not.

Z licks her lips, and chooses her words carefully, not wanting to upset Adriana. "Justice, I want justice. Your own father betrayed you when he chose not to believe you when you told him about your uncle, and you want him to come terms with it. I want the same thing, the only difference is that I want it for a different reason for a different person." She states, and takes off her gloves revealing smooth, perfect hands and freshly painted black nails.

Adriana's eyes drop down to Z's hands and then back up at her, before nodding. "I do want justice, but what do you want it for? And why do you want me?" She asks, uncertainty in her voice.

"Because my sister was ruthlessly murdered by your Aunt. I want justice for her, and I need your help to get it. She won't rest until I bring Rebekah to justice. So please, help me."

"Aunt Rebekah killed your sister? Why? She would never do that! You must be mistaken." Adriana says hurriedly, and the girl shakes her head.

"The Rebekah you know wouldn't, but that is a very different woman from the one I know. That's her game, Adriana. She manipulates people and makes them think she's a perfect woman. That is, until she becomes the beast she really is. Let me tell you a story. The story of the day my sister was murdered by her..." Taking in a deep breath and fighting off tears she starts her tale of sadness, "It was just like any other day, Rebekah and I had gone out for a drink and to have some fun..."

Flashback 1899

Rebekah and  Laurena are sitting at a table in beautiful dresses, sipping cocktails and eating the olives that come in the bottom of the glasses. There hairs pulled back in neat and clean styles, and they are laughing and smiling widely. The music playing in the background promising a good time, and then are deep in conversation about the growing  population of the city.

"I'm telling you, something must be done about this! Soon our small city will be over run by street thugs and wrenches! We can't just sit idly by waiting for someone else to take charge. We must stand up for our city!" Laurena exclaims, and Rebekah smiles an odd smile and shakes her head.

"Oh yes, because everyone is worried about the wrenches and street thugs. No, no, no, I'm telling you, that the larger our population gets, the better money will be circulating and we can avoid any tragedy's." Rebekah responds fluently, and takes an elegant sip of her cocktail before smoothing out her dress. Laurena opens her mouth to respond when a shriek of a giggle can be heard, and they look up. Rebekah groans while Laurena smiles at the person making the sound.