Chapter 28 ~ Live, Laugh, and Kill

Rebekah's POV

Groaning I try to move, before remembering that I am being fed vervain by a neurotic psychopath. Also known as Zariana, the biggest bitch on earth. Sighing, I look up as the large metal door opens and swings shut with a clatter. A cold hand brushes my face, and roughly pulls my chin up to look at her face. "Well hello to you to." I say hoarsely.

The yank-er says something in a different language and the lights flick on. God, they were bright. blinking rapidly my eyes adjust quickly to the light. Looking up I see Zariana standing above me, holding a paper bag.

"Hello Bex. I see your already fighting off the vervain, that's to bad, really. Give her another dose!" She shouts to someone, who instantly refills the blood bag with vervain and it rushes through the little tube and into my blood stream burning every inch of my body. 

My skin snapping and sizzling, causing me to scream. My chin is yanked roughly up and into Zariana's face. "I have a present for you." She drops my chin and I struggle to look at her, before she raises out a bag of hair and a daylight ring. "Recognize these? I told you I would kill everyone you've ever loved, and here's-" But the tears were already flowing down my cheeks, my heart shattering. 

"Noo.. No, no, no, no.... Stefan!!" My cries echoing through the room, and she shoves the daylight ring on my finger roughly. "Stop it! Please, don't..." 

"I already have. Now, I'm after his brother, then the human, and then your family. I've been planning this for a long, long time. And personally, I'm enjoying this. See you later, Bex." She laughs and saunters off, and the lady that replaced my vervain starts to walk out.

It took everything in my body to stick out my leg and trip her. Her head smacking off the ground, and breathing in the blood I struggle against the ropes with everything I have. 

Using my vampire strength I burst through the ropes, and yank out the needle. Breathing hard, I half crawl half fall to the girl. Picking up her wrist and letting my fangs slide into her wrist draining her of blood, and cleaning up the mess on the floor.

Another girl walks in, and gasps. "Zar-" Hissing I lunge at her biting her neck and draining her dry. Letting her fall, I stagger out of the room and using the wall as a support, I manage to get down the hallway.

A window is on the wall ahead of me, and without thinking I dash towards it shattering it instantly. Suddenly, a boatload of pain sweeps over me as my skin burns and erupts into flames. Even though fire can't harm an original, it still hurts like hell!

Jumping out of the way, my skin healing rapidly but my energy is low. Almost as if on cue a witch emerges and I fall to the ground in waves of pain, before going unconscious. 

Adriana's POV

Stirring, I force my eyes open looking around at my surroundings. Recognizing the place as my home, I lurch up looking around.  I find myself gasping for air, and my hand grabs my throat as I feel like I had been bled dry.

The sound of my mom and Uncle Elijah talking reaches my ears, and the words are gurgly. But, from what I could understand it was something like; Rana ... Attacked ... Dead ... Rebekah ... Trouble ... What the hell? Standing up, and walking softly and quickly I stand on the other side of the room listening to them. 

My mom is hugging Elijah, who sounds like he is about to erupt in tears. "Elijah, it's not your fault. She died protecting us, it was her choice... There was nothing you could do." She says, and my eyes reach a body covered in a blanket by the door.  The smell of blood is overwhelming, but closing my eyes I manage to block it out.