Prologue

In the Future, Unknown POV

We had a plan. We had a way to end everything. It seemed perfect. It's funny how fast things can get out of hand. How fast things can change... After everything that not only myself but my family have been through, it seems almost surreal that this is how it ends. 

Despite our best efforts to fight off the many evils in this world, we still lost. The idea seemed so far away at the time, but I guess that's what we get for being so damn optimistic....

My body hit the ground hard, and suddenly he is on top of me and clutching the weapon that I once possessed. Staring up at the looming figure of me, nothing but fear jolts through my body. I can feel the hot tears flowing freely down my face, and my heart is pounding with a strength that would have killed a mortal.  His twisted face and lips curl up into a devilish smile, his dark eyes and features contract with the light of the old house. 

A bit of fear disappears when the faces of those I've lost flash in front of my eyes. Will I see them again? Will I be reunited with the man I once called my lover? Or would I be sucked into the darkness that awaits the devils?

The thought vanishes almost as soon as it appears, and  the horrified screams of my family fade into the background, and I feel another wave of hot tears burst free.

It doesn't even say anything before it rams the weapon deep into my body. I feel it pierce through my skin, chest cavity, and into my heart. The pain radiating through my body is unbearable, and I feel a wave of deadly heat rush over my body. 

"Semper, non semper est." I choke out, before fire engulfs my body. I let out a blood curdling scream, just as everything goes... Black.