Chapter 30 ~ Family Ties (2/2)

3rd Person's POV, Inside of an old building

"What do you think we should do? We can't take them down that easily!" A woman demands, and another turns around and the darkness of the room snaps to light and then back to darkness again. Only a glimpse of the woman's face can be seen. 

"Maybe not, but we can make them afraid.. Afraid of there darkest enemy." She turns around, and stares down at a circle of water in a cauldron. "They will run with fear when they discover who it is, we just have to give it a little... Boost, that's all." Smirking, the second woman chuckles and a flash of brown hair can be seen.

"Oh yes, I can see it now. The almighty Originals fleeing for there lives. Again." Both women grin at each other, and a dark skinned man, with long black hair can be seen in the distance but his face is covered...

Adriana's POV

"Are you almost done yet? I'm not getting any younger!" Uncle Kol exclaims, and I snap the grimoire I'm holding shut and turn around to face him.

"No, your not. But your getting any older either, your immortal -- that's part of the problem. I'm looking for a way to resurrect you without stripping away your immortality and vampirism, it's complicated." I say tossing the book aside and into a pile of others.

I walk over to the bookshelf lined with grimoire's -- Kyle has a very large collection for a reason I really don't want to know about -- and scan it for more books. 

"What do you mean strip away my immortality and vampirism? I'm an original vampire, I'm not loosing that anytime soon. If you can't do this correctly, then I'll just find another witch who can!" The fear and anger in his eyes is very apparent. 

"Hey! Relax, if you don't shut up I won't bring you back. Another witch? I'm the only one who can see you dumb ass, and who cares enough to bring you back. So stop talking, and just wait!" My voice is hard, and he nods being quiet for the time being. Turning I pull out an old, worn grimoire and flip through the pages.

A spell looks promising, and turning to face him again I start reading, "Listen to this; The witch who preforms this can resurrect any supernatural creatures, without consequences. All they need is to draw on the energy of other deceased witches... Perfect! Let's go." 

Tearing out the spells and putting back the old grimoire back where it belongs, I pocket them and head outside with my Uncle hurrying after me. "I thought that ghosts could be anywhere they wanted within a matter of seconds?" I ask looking over my shoulder as he is jogging to keep up with me.

"Well, I thought that I would get to haunt Jeremy Gilbert and see my dead brothers. But, evidently, I'm not able to do that either." He says sadly, and I can't tell if he's sad over his dead brother -- or not  about being able to haunt this Jeremy guy. I'm leaning towards Jeremy.

"Look, once I resurrect you, you will have to stay here and be an Uncle for a bit until I decide that you can go. Everyone else is boring, I need fun in my life! The only one that's fun is Kyle, and he's my-" 

"Your boyfriend? Oh please, you can do better then him. Besides, he's to immature for you." He scoffs, and I shoot him a glare. "Don't get me wrong, unlike Nik, I want you to be happy.

"But, I don't want you doing something you'll regret. Like biting him, or him biting you..." He says flicking his eyebrows up and down, and I laugh knowing what he really means.

"Your an ass, you know that right?" I say teasingly, and he smirks at me.

"So, where are we headed to now? The cemetery?" He asks, and I shake my head.