Chapter 3 ~ Fearful Hearts

Nicholas, a nightwalker that is assigned to watch over Hayley for the day, catches Hayley before she can fall to the ground.

The strong male, wraps his arms around her body and shouts over to Marry. "Marry! Call Rebekah or Elijah now!!" He shouts to him, and picks her up. He then carries her upstairs to her room and lays her down on the soft bed.

Mary reacts quickly, and whips out his phone and calls Rebekah first for she is on speed dial.

She answers on the second ring, her voice annoyed and a bit angry. "I've been gone for 5 bloody minutes and you've already gotten yourselves into trouble?" The Original demands, standing on the hard concrete sidewalk of the French Quarter.

"Rebekah its Marry-"

But Bekah interrupts him. "I know who you are, I hired you, you moron! What do you want?" She snaps, her brittish accent really showing through.

With a sigh he presses on. "It's not me, it's Hayley. She fainted and it doesn't seem good..." He says worriedly.

Rebekah stops walking, and her face grows hard and stern, with a touch of anger. "Marry, whatever you do, don't call Nik yet. I'm coming home." She says, hanging up the cell phone and dashing off.

_________

Rebekah dashes down the streets of New Orleans, and as she turns a corner she collides head first with a figure! Although the blast would have probably killed a human, the person she hit doesn't seem affected by it.

Startled, but not affected. Rebekah staggers backwards caught off guard. She looks up, and sighs as she is staring into the handsome face of her brother Elijah. 

"Hello Rebekah, where are you going in such a rush?" He asks in a kind voice, and  smiles his crooked smile. 

"Elijah! Thank god your not Nik, it's Hayley... She's in trouble. Baby troubles. She fainted this morning." She responds, and manuvers past him. 

"I'm coming to, and if anything happens to her.." He says worriedly, and looks at his sister. "We don't need to think like that right now, let's just go." She responds, and walks off with her brother close behind her.

-----------------

The two siblings quickly reach there mansion, and walk hurriedly inside and look around for Marry or Nicholas. Rebekah spots Nicholas, and before anyone could say anything she darts towards him and slams him into the wall.

The house shaking slightly at the conract, and her hand wraps around his throat squeezing it. "Nik and I gave you one bloody order; to watch Hayley! And you couldn't even do that! You have 10 seconds to tell me what is going on, before I remove your head from your shoulders and feed you to Nik!" She yells out angrily, and Elijah stands idily by not bothering to interfer with this sudden act of violence. 

Marry struggles against the powerful Originals strength, and tenses up. "I don't know! One minute Hayley is fine and wanted to do pregnancy yoga, the next she faints! Nicholas took her upstairs to rest." He chokes out, and grabs at her hand.

Rebekah glares at him before letting him go. "Elijah! Go upstairs and check on Hayley, I'm going to call Nik." Bekah says in a slightly frightened tone.

__________

Elijah nods, and darts upstairs in a blur. He walks calmly up to Hayley's bedroom, and opens the door. Nicholas turns, and nods to him before leaving the two to be alone. The Origianl walks over to Hayley, and lays a hand on her arm.

"Hayley, look at me please." He says calmly, but Hayley shows no signs that she can hear him. Her chest rising and falling calmly. He listens, and can hear two sets of heartbeats; Hayley's, and the baby's. 

Elijah sighs, and sits beside her not knowing what to do. They weren't doctors, and they needed to know if this was a spell or not; and if it was, how to remove it. He pulls out his phone, and clicks through his Contact List.

They would need a witch. But not  just any witch, one they could trust. He clicks the dial button, and puts the phone to his ear.

"It's Elijah. I need you." He says calmly, and looks over at Hayley once again. Admiration, worry, and kindness in his eyes.

The sweet response voice is thick and rich with a Brittsh accent. "Elijah, hello. Long time no see, or talk, or hear. I was starting to think that you forgot about me. What do you need?"

Elijah grins slightly, and takes in a deep breath. "It's a long story, but a friend of mine is pregnant, and we need to know if a witch put a spell on her. We can't trust the witches of the French Quarter. Please come over." He says softly. 

"A pregnant friend.. I don't suppose this is Klaus's werewolf friend and there child is it?" She pauses sensing his shock, and chuckles slightly. "Oh Elijah, just because I'm not over there doesn't mean I don't keep up on you. I've got to make sure you three don't get into more touble."

He grins, and replies. "Can you come? And make it quick, this is really important."

"Of course I can come! I'll be there shortly, I'm in Virgina right now, but I'll take the nearest train and be there in a few hours - maybe sooner. Bye Elijah." She says, and hangs up the phone before leaving her house and hopping onto the train and taking it towards New Orleans.

________

Bekah pulls out her cell, and looks down at it and presses 4. Nik's speed Dial. She didn't want to call him, and feared what he might to. But that was a risk she just has to take.

She overhears Elijah talking ot Rana, and rolls her eyes. Great the voodoo witch doctor has come to save us all. Joy. She hits the call button, and puts the phone to her ear. 

Niklaus Mikaelson The Originals Hybrid, is out talking to a Night Walker who had messed up in a hunt. Well, his version of talking. One of his snake like hands coiled around his throat, and he is holding the male up on a wall in an alley when his phone rings.

With his spare hand he removes his phone from his pocket and sees it is Rebekah and answers it. "Little Sister, to what do I owe this delight?" He asks in his sarcastic britsh accent. 

Bekah takes in a deep breath, and sighs. "Nik, you need to come home now. Hayley-"

"What happened? I left you in charge of her! What happened? Who do I need to kill?" He demands not letting her finish her sentence. 

"Well if you would let me finish one bloody sentence I would tell you! She fainted, and is resting upstairs now. Elijah is with her, and I think he called the voodoo witch doctor friend of his. And you don't need to kill anyone! I think."

"I'm coming home, don't let anyone inside." Nik says, and hangs up his phone and pockets it before looking at the Night Walkers begging face.

"Well mate, it appears today is your lucky day. I don't have time to kill you, sorry." He says, and his face starts to transform into the twisted scary face of his Hybrid form.

He hisses, and lunges forwards and sinks his teeth into the other vampire's neck, and rips into him; as a werewolf bite is leathel to a vampire. He lets him go, before wiping his chin on his sleeve. "Have a good day mate!" Klaus says, and dissapears in a blur. 

________

A/N: I will update soon! Let me know what you think of it, and comment please. :)