Chapter 29 Part .1 ~ When You Love A Friend

A/N: The winner of the audition character contest is @ISeeFireEverywhere! :) Her character's name is Briar Rose, and you can read more about her in the comments of the audition page. Be sure to read her stories to, there awesome!! This chapter takes place two days after the last one did, and you might want to get ready to read because this is going to be a long chapter. ;) 

--------------------------

Adriana's POV, Elijah's Bedroom

Sighing, I watch as my Uncle packs two suitcases for his trip. Leaning against the door-frame, he seems to be all uptight again. From what my mom had told me a few days ago, he was packing for a trip to an old lake house in a different state.

Where he would bury Ranaora, but he hasn't said a word to me about it yet. "So... Where are you going?" I ask him softly, and he pauses before zippering his bag.

He picks up his suitcases and, stares at me. "It is not nice to ask someone something that you already know the answer to Adriana," He says, and walks towards the door, "Pardon me." I step aside and he walks on, and down the steps. Sighing, I look around his room before an old journal catches my eye. 

Walking over, I pick it up and noticing the letter M engraved on the front of the worn leather. Standing for Mikaelson most likely. Looking up to make sure he isn't coming back, I dash to my room and close the door locking it for good measure.

Sitting cross legged on my bed, my eyes sweep across my now immaculate bedroom -- courtesy of the Mikaelson maid. Opening the journal, I realize that the first journal entry dates all the way back to the 13th century. He must have copied it into here when these were invented. 

Blinking slightly, I start to read; my eyes scanning the pages for anything interesting. So far it was just about my Grandfather and pshyco Grandmother who turned them into vampires. Everything that I've already read before. But, a few entries later the entries turn from light hearted and hints of gloom, to dark and deadly. One in particular.

November 18th, 13th Century, written after the incident.

Today I killed someone, and the horrid thing is... I liked it. I can feel the hunger, the burning sensations that come with being this.. This monster starting to over take me, and the feelings I once had for human life and for the people of my village are slowly leaving me. 

It is almost like how Niklaus has become, starting to let the hunger control me and my actions. There are things that I have done - lives that I have taken from the people I once called my friends and considered family. One more then any other.

A young girl named Nikolina Vardar, she was living in the village next to ours and we had become very good friends over the years of our childhood. But now, I can smell the sweet scent of her blood and it was over bearable. I couldn't control my feelings, and my hunger. 

One night when she cut her hand on a rock, is when I snapped. I bit her, and drained her of her life before killing her. The grief I felt was unbearable, the pain, anguish, and even more hunger. I couldn't take it anymore, and found a switch inside of me that ended the pain.

As soon as I switched it, the pain was gone but the hunger was still there. I killed more, and didn't care. No one knew, because everyone was focused on Finn and Niklaus. Rebekah, Kol, and I are the odd ones out yet again.

I didn't care anymore, and in some ways it helped but in other ways, it ruined me beyond redemption. For two years I kept that switch off, until I met someone who helped me through it. A beautiful, stunning, woman and witch whom is just like my mother Esther. Her knowledge is well beyond her years, and she is everything that I wasn't at the time - and everything that I am now.