Chapter 36 ~ The World Has Turned Upside Down

Rebekah's POV

Standing outside of an old abandoned building, with Hayley and Briar on each side of me is rather odd in my opinion. Crossing my arms over my chest, I stare up at the building in confusion. "Well, if this is where they are I'm not surprised. Evil people have a tendency of living in old abandoned buildings... I wonder why Nik doesn't live in one." I ask quizzically.

Hayley chuckles at my comment, while Briar rolls her eyes and texts Nik where we are. Poor girl, she's smitten for my evil brother and that is not going to turn out well at all. What's worse is that Nik actually likes her to. 

Which is a shame, considering everyone who ever liked Nik ended up dead or in a gutter. Except for that blonde, Caroline, who refuses to talk to my brother. Turning back to the matter at hand, I watch as Hayley walks up to the door.

She pushes against the door, but the door doesn't have a handle or anyway to get inside! "I guess they prefer to have the guests come in the back way. Shame, I thought that this could be easy for once; saving the day and all."

Walking around to the back, there is no windows or holes anywhere. Standing in the back my eyes rest on a door, and then to a long metal pointed object that could be used to stick the door with. "Okay girls, silent or loud?" 

Briar smirks, and glances over at Hayley who is grinning. "Silent." They both say at the say time, and picking up the metal object I hold it up. 

"Briar, would you like to do the honors or should I?"

Smirking she gestures to the door, and grins at me. "You should, since you found it after all." She says and smirks again.

"Good point." Facing the door again, I strike the door knob hard using my vampire sense of heightened strength and speed. The door knob falls off, and pushing open the door I send a sassy smirk there way. Strutting inside, it is very bright inside and has a homey feeling to it, but I can sense that something is really off.

Hayley and Briar join me inside, and Briar pulls out her phone when/once it vibrates. "That's strange, Klaus says that they can't come. There about to be caught in the midst of a battle, do you think we should help them?" As soon as the words left her mouth we all go flying backwards hitting the grass hard. 

"Yes, what a merry idea. Go, and help them they'll need it more then you will or do." Grinning a menacing smile Astra holds us down with one hand.

Struggling against her, Briar and I manage to sit up with much difficulty but Hayley was knocked unconscious's during the fall. "Hayley!" My voice is a mixture of groaning and urgency, as I grab her arm shaking it.

But it takes too much energy to do so, and Astra applies more force forcing us back to the ground again. "Let... Me... Go you bastard!" I hiss, and struggle against her.

Looking over at Briar who is struggling to, I realize something and quickly devise a plan. "Okay, okay! We'll leave, but you'll need to let us up first okay?" I struggle out through my teeth, the weight on me and my head hurts like hell.

Suddenly it is lifted - all of it - and everything feels so much better. Taking a moment to get my bearings, I nod slightly and stand up helping Briar to her feet. Nodding once more to her, she darts forwards and then off to the side distracting Astra.

Meanwhile, I take this opportunity to dash around her and grab onto her head with one hand and tilting it to one side, and feasting on her blood. Before snapping her neck with my other hand.

"Good job, not bad for an original sister!" She says with a smirk, and grins at me. Turning towards Hayley, I kneel down beside her and touch her cold skin.