Chapter 1 ~ Changing Tides

*A/N* Hey guys! The baby probably won't come for a few more chapters, so hang in there! :)  Don't worry though, this will be filled with action! Thanks and remember to Comment. XOXO HayleyMikaelson

—————————————————-

Pre-Birth; May 12th:

Hayley Marshall stirs in her large soft bed, and blinks her hazel green eyes open. It  doesn't take long for her eyes to adjust to the light that is streaming in through her pale pink curtains, and she swallows softly before pushing the light blue sheets back.

She winces and pushes herself up, carefully placing her legs over the side of the small bed. She sets her creamy light brown skinned feet down on the cool floor, and puts one hand on her baby bump, as she heads towards the door.

It hadn't been that long ago, eight and a half months to be exact, since she had arrived in New Orleans and discovered she is pregnant with Niklaus Mikaelson's child. The Original Hybrid's  child. After a one night stand, she has been carrying the child that is said to be a "new species", and "death to all the witches".

She has been living in the Mikaelsons' house ever since then, and shares the home with Klaus's siblings; Rebekah and Elijah.

The baby moves around, and Hayley smiles slightly. "Its okay baby girl." She says, and heads down the hallway. She glances at the Clock on the wall, and smiles slightly when it says 1:30pm. The longer she sleeps the more rested she is for the craziness of the Mikaelson's, and the less time she gets to see Klaus - which is a good thing.

She makes her way down the beautiful descending staircase of her new home; Beautiful, yes, but easy to navigate with a baby bump? Not exactly. She sighs and walks into the cool kitchen, and opens up the fridge door her stomach growling with hunger.

Hayley tightens her lips, seeing nothing but mountains of blood bags, one carton of eggs, a few drops of juice, and an empty milk carton. Hayley snatches the milk carton up, and walks into the large living room where Elijah Mikaelson is sitting in his chair.

"Okay, who drank the last of the milk and didn't bother to put it on the Grocery List? If I'm going to be cooped up in this house for the rest of my pregnancy, I need the things to make sure I, and this baby stays healthy." Hayley says in her rich Australian accent.

Elijah is the only one up, and he just smiles up at her before returning to his book.  "Elijah... I'm talking to you! I'm a hormonal mess, and the only thing in this house I can drink is Milk and Orange Juice. I see neither in the fridge." She says annoyed, and getting no responds, Hayley tosses the milk carton over at Elijah's head.

Elijah's hand is up in a flash to catch it before it hits him in the head. Silently, he sets his book down and rises to his feet. "I had no idea that milk meant so much to you Hayley. I will be sure to send Rebekah out to get some more. Will Orange Juice suit you?" He asks with a straight face, and stands up walking into the kitchen.

"It doesn't mean that much to me, I just don't think the baby would appreciate blood bags... Or would she? Do you think she will drink blood or eat human food? There isn't exactly a manual of what expect when your expecting a magical tribred baby." She says with a soft smile, and rubs her belly.

Elijah throws the carton in the garbage can before opening up the cupboard, and removing some Orange Juice and a glass. He pours her a glass, and hands it to her with a warm smile. "Have you thought of any names yet?" He asks kindly.

Before Hayley could answer, the original clicked sound of high heeled boots echo's through the kitchen. "I heard my name mentioned, and if it concerns going anywhere near that dreadful Grocery Store you can count me out." Hayley didn't have to turn to know who the sarcastic and slightly accented tone belongs to; Rebekah Mikaelson.

The youngest sibling of the all male bunch, and by far the most sarcastic as well.  It was a close tie between her and Klaus for the 1st place of sarcasm awards, but Rebekah most definitely won anyway.

Hayley turns around anyways, so she can face the pretty girl. Bekah's icy blonde hair is pulled back in a sleek ponytail, and she is wearing black skinny jeans, black heeled boots, and a red top with a leather jacket.

"Actually, were out of milk and Elijah and I were just talking about that and baby names. What do you think about the name Zoe?" She sighs at Rebekah's narrow eyed glare, and she can tell that she only processed the part about milk. "What? The baby needs it, and I know I sound like a raging bitch, but I'm a hormonal mess at the moment" Hayley says back, and crosses her arms over her chest indignantly.

Both females staring hard at each other, before Rebekah gives an exasperated sigh. "I'm busy this morning, but i'll get Nik to do it, he'll be happy to do anything for his child. Oh, and the name Zoe sounds a bit to... Prissy for my liking." Rebekah says.

"C'mon Auntie Bex, you get the best kind." Hayley teases, and grins happily.

"I get the same bloody kind everybody gets!" Rebekah says stepping forwards, her baby blue eyes hardening as she grows annoyed with Hayley.

Normally they are best of friends, but as the birth is growing closer both of them are going antsy and fed up with waiting - not to mention each other.

Elijah steps between them, and scoots the glass of rich Orange Juice closer to Hayley. "Here you are Hayley. I'll go to the store, and get the milk. Nothing to fight over. And Hayley, I think the name Zoe is very... Common." He says calmly, for he is always the referee of the household. With a nod to both of them, he dashes off blowing up a strong wind as he does so.

Rebekah sighs, and grabs her purse as she heads for the door. Hayley's thick demanding voice stops her, "Where are you going this early in the morning?" She asks, and walks forwards blocking her passage way.

"I'm going to the Quarter, to make sure my brother hasn't gotten us all killed by now with his stupid antics of "peace is war". Whatever that is supposed to mean." The blonde says, and slips past her opening up the door.

"Well what am I supposed to do all day?" Hayley asks, and steps forwards just as two familiar, strong Day Walkers enter through the door.

"Here, Nicholas and Marry will keep you company. You'll find something to do, and I hope its coming up with better baby names then Zoe!" Rebekah responds with a smile and a chuckle, before the closing the door and disappearing like the wind.

Hayley turns to face the two bodyguards that the overprotective father of her child has assigned to her. Great just great. She thinks to herself and puts on a fake smile straightening up. "I don't suppose either of you know how to do pregnancy yoga?"

___________

A/N: Let me know what you think of the new Chapter! :) If I get votes and comments I will continue on with the series. :)