Chapter 4 - Never Underestimate a Girl From Miami

"Ready?" I heard Camilla's voice call out to me.

To say I was nervous would be the understatement of the year. This was my first ever party with new people. According to the girls, the entire school attends this party. Oddly enough, even the occasional nerds have their reserved room upstairs for study groups. That means everyone will recognize me as the new girl who bitched Hunter Ashford on her first day of school - cue jealous ex-girlfriends glaring. And to top it all off; I'm not exactly dressed in an outfit that would be worn to blend in.

I peered down at my bright, silver dress and a surge of confidence rushed through my veins. I met Danielle's eyes and she smirked at me.

"Let's do this!"

My mouth dropped open at the sight of the huge mansion that stood before me. "So this is Tyler Jacobs' house?"

Music was blaring through the walls and shook the entire neighbourhood. Different coloured lights were flashing in the windows and that only made me more excited. When we reached the driveway and entered the house, I was blinded; literally.

My eyes soon adjusted to the lights and I could see ahead. It wasn't like a typical party with raging teenagers and half-naked drunkards grinding on each other on the dance floor, but it wasn't all so formal and standard either. The dancefloor was adorned with thousands of people in a circle, cheering at five girls who were dancing like there was no tomorrow. I smirked:

Note to self, make sure to pay the dancefloor a visit before I leave.

"I'm going to get some drinks, do you want anything?" I heard Camilla's voice shout over the blaring music.

I shook my head.

My eyes scanned the crowd and I recognised a few people from some of my classes. It seemed as if there were some college students as well seeing as though some of the people here looked way too old to be in high school.

My eyes widened as they caught sight of Hunter. He was sitting on one of the bar stools with two girls hanging off each arm. I laughed slightly, seeing his bored face as the girl's tried to capture his attention, touching every one of his body parts.

I swerved through all the bodies and sat at the bar. "Vodka cranberry."

The bartender looked me up and down, and his eyes darkened. He winked at me and leaned over the counter, inches away from my face.

"I could give you way more than just a drink sexy." His breath fanned my lips as he spoke. Immediately, the strong stench of cigarettes mixed with alcohol made me cringe.

"I'm sure we could work something out, Mr. Bartender." His lips slightly parted in surprise at my response. I blew a light stream of air into his mouth and winked.

I leaned closer and closed my eyes. He did the same and just before my lips touched his, I pulled back and shook my head, seeing his dumbfounded expression.

"Guys are so easy."

I heard clapping beside me, "How do you do that?" Hunter asked curiously.

"Please, you idiots are like dogs on a leash. One tug and I've got you wrapped around my finger."

"Ooh, getting cocky are we?" He raised an eyebrow in amusement.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my drink, jumping off the stool and towards the dancefloor. "I haven't got time for you, Ashford."