Chapter 19 - The Next Time You Try To Do That...

The worst part about our lunch table is that it is directly behind Hunter's, which means that I have to endure hearing him laugh and talk with his friends. Just hearing his deep voice made me feel giddy, but that giddiness disappeared when I heard Kayla's laughing voice as well.

Camilla and Layla had gone to the library to finish off some homework. Riley wasn't in school today and when I looked behind me at Hunter's table, Connor wasn't there either.

Right now at our table it was just Danielle, Bailey, Marissa and me.

"You seem tense." Danielle noticed.

Bailey looked up from her book at me and nodded in agreement, "Does it by any chance have something to do with a 6ft something blue-eyed boy?" She smirked.

I nodded sheepishly and jabbed my pasta with the fork absentmindedly.

"He hates me." I dropped the fork and looked at them.

Bailey closed her book, "Why?"

Once again I heard his contagious laugh and fought the urge to turn around and look at him.

"I don't know, it's like he can't even stand my presence. This morning I went to class a little early and he was sitting on the table talking with his friends. As soon as he saw me enter he got up and left with his entourage."

I ran a hand through my brown hair, which I decided to straighten today. The last time I straightened my hair was back in Miami for a friends birthday party and I hadn't done it ever since, but this morning I woke up earlier than usual and had spare time so I decided to change my hair up a bit.

"Alyssa?"

A voice called from behind me.

Before I had the chance to turn around, Parker flopped down on the table next to me and punched my shoulder.

"How's my Nando's buddy doing?" He had a mischievous grin on his face which practically broadcasted 'I'm up to something'.

My eyes narrowed as I watched his arm sling around my shoulder and pull me into his side.

"What are you playing at?" I asked slowly, trying to figure it out.

"Nothing..." That didn't sound convincing at all but I let it drop.

I caught Danielle fidgeting with the hem of her denim jacket.

Oh yeah she likes him. I almost forgot.

My eyebrows furrowed as Parker pulled me closer to him, practically gluing me into his side. I squirmed uncomfortably and gave him a weird look but he just dismissed it with a smile.