Chapter 43 - The Next One Goes Straight Through Her Head

A/N – I posted this chapter yesterday morning for Christmas but for some reason it didn't upload so I've done it again.

Hope you enjoy xx

(By the way, a quick reminder that they are in the BEDROOM that was prepared for her. If you remember in the last chapter, Jason showed her where she was going to be staying so it just picks up from there.)

**WARNING** - This chapter contains very strong language. You have been warned.

Chapter 43 – The Next One Goes Straight Through Her Head

Something cold and hard pressed into the skin at my temple.

"Sit. The F*ck. Down."

I felt myself take a few steps back and shrink into my chair as Jason kept the gun held forcefully against my head.

My heart pounded and the shock on Hunter's face mirrored my own.

His eyes darkened and he took a step forward, "Get that f*cking gun away from her. You have me and you can take whatever revenge you want but don't you dare lay a single hand on her."

"If only it were that simple."

With the gun still pressed forcefully against my head, Jason reached down and grabbed the one that Hunter had thrown on the floor, pointing it at him.

"How does it feel huh? Seeing someone you love dearly seconds away from their death. Did you not think of that when you killed Sofia? – "

"I didn't ki – "

"STOP F*CKING LYING!"

My body jolted at the booming sound of his voice and another sob jumped up my throat, creating a lump which almost suffocated me.

That's when everything came crashing down on me.

There are many times in my life where I wished I could die.

Watching my father beat my mom on a daily basis.

Watching my mom self-destruct and slowly kill herself in alcohol and drugs.

Having my stomach slashed by Chase multiple times.

Watching Chase burn himself to death.

The one common thing between all those events is that I distinctly remember shutting my eyes and praying to god to take my life away at that moment.

And now, I'm looking into the eyes of the man I love. I may hate him, but I still love him. It's hard to understand such a feeling until you're put in that position of loving someone so much but hating them at the same time for what they've done.

Hunter may not love me, but it's evident that he cares about me. The look in his eyes is dark and dangerous and I know that the second he gets the upper hand in this situation, he will tear Jason to pieces.

"Alyssa, look at me."

Even through every lie he was accountable for, every ounce of pain afflicted upon me because of him, he still had the ability to calm me down and somewhat bring me to a state of hope that this might not end with my death. That was enough to tell me that I've fallen deeply in love with him and the thought terrified me.

I didn't look at him though. He doesn't deserve for me to listen to him.

The door opened and this time it was Dominic. He glanced over at Hunter before looking at Jason and they both nodded their heads.