Chapter 23 - Congratulations, You Actually Look Like a Girl!

Thank you so much for 12,000 reads! :)

This chapter is dedicated to RichelleNicole because she voted on my story and gave me amazing feedback so thank you so much!

I feel like the song in the media box really suits this chapter and I was listening to it whilst writing the chapter so if you want you can play it.

*****

Chapter 23 – Congratulations, You Actually Look Like a Girl!

Lunch had just ended and everyone in the hallway was hastily grabbing their things for the next lesson. I stopped by my locker and grabbed my copy of 'Macbeth' for English Literature. A lot of people find English boring but I'm one of those who love English to no end. Yes, I'm the type of person to correct someone's grammar whilst downing a martini and playing truth or dare. I don't care whether I'm at the church or a freaking frat party, if your grammar is incorrect, I will correct you.

When I turned to the left, the corner of my eye caught Kayla's figure coming my way. I recognized the aroma of her rich perfume and couldn't disagree that it actually smells quite nice. Cursing under my breath, I stood completely still as if my statute posture will somehow make me disappear. In my mind I was already picturing her scolding me and blaming me for the fact that Hunter broke up with her. However, as her footsteps got nearer, I felt her presence behind me and just as it was there, it was gone. She walked straight past me without even acknowledging the fact that I was standing here.

I turned around to look at her and saw that her shoulders were tense and the way she was walking seemed as though she forced herself to continue walking. I smirked, knowing fully well that all she wanted to do was turn around and give me a mouth full, but she resisted herself for a reason that I had yet to find out. A part of me already knows that it involves Hunter in some way.

"In order to recognize how greed for power has driven Macbeth to commit such immoral acts, we must analyse how his character has develop – "

Everyone closed their folders and notebooks as soon as the bell rang, rushing towards the door to leave the classroom. I however took my time and placed my things neatly into my bag, leaning down in the process.

"Although this sight is appealing, I would appreciate it if you could hurry up."

I turned around to see a guy that I didn't recognize leaning over me with his tall figure. A smirk was playing on his lips as he looked at me expectantly.

I opened my mouth to reply but someone already beat me to it.

"How about you stop staring at what you can't afford and continue dragging your miniature sized package to hell?"

Hunter turned to me and flashed me a smile, "Take your time, princess."

I slung my bag over my shoulder and hugged my binder to my chest, feeling slightly self-conscious and uncomfortable. Firstly because a random boy was staring at my butt and secondly because of Hunter's comment.

Without saying anything, I hastily exited the classroom and headed towards my locker.

Did Hunter just tell someone that they couldn't afford my ass?

What does that even mean?

Bailey walked up to me and grinned with her History textbook in her hand. We have History together now so I grabbed mine from my locker as well and we both began walking towards the other side of the school where our History class was.

"What does it mean if someone tells another person that they can't afford your butt?" I blurted curiously.

Bailey looked at me before breaking into a laugh, "What?"