Chapter 55 - What Exactly Do You Have In Mind, Baby?

A/N – Not edited

This chapter is dedicated to @NatalieDay0 thank you so much for your votes and comments xx

Chapter 55 – What Exactly Do You Have In Mind, Baby?

I applied the last stroke of mascara onto my lashes before looking in the mirror, pleased with my work. I've never been a makeup everyday type of girl but when I do wear it, I make sure it looks good.

We decided last minute to go out for dinner instead of ordering take out.

My phone buzzed in my hands just as I went to put it in my purse.

You going home or sleeping over at mine, baby?

My heart melted.

Sleeping over at yours. I'm going out for dinner with the girls so I might be a bit late, if that's okay with you.

I only put the last part because I felt like I need his permission to go out. Especially this late at night. I can already hear all the feminists scoffing in disgust.

A reply came just seconds later.

You don't need to ask me to go out, beautiful. Have fun and call me if you need anything x

A giddy smile played on my lips as I read his text and upon hearing Bailey call out for me from downstairs, I quickly typed I love you and shoved my phone in my purse.

The restaurant was dimly lit when we arrived, with soft music playing in the background. It wasn't too small or too big, with closed off booths for privacy.

"So how did Halyssa happen?"

Was the first thing said as soon as the waitress left our table with our orders.

I rolled my eyes with a smile, "Halyssa? Really guys?"

"Uh uh," Danielle waved a finger in front of her face, "Don't try and shift the focus. You guys were literally barking at each other at the beginning of the school year. Every lesson I had with you guys there was at least one exchange of sarcastic and rude comments between you two with his security guard of a girlfriend watching. So how the hell did you guys go from that to being ultimate relationship goals?"

The way she spoke about my relationship, you'd think we were discussing David and Victoria Beckham.

I'll never take advantage of having a man who loves me, respects me and cares about me because there are many people who don't have the privilege of experiencing such a pure type of love. I learnt that from seeing the toxic relationship of my mom and my biological father and it kills me to think that people go through that and worse every single day.

"I guess we both sort of had crazy chemistry together regardless of how much we argued and in all honesty, I really enjoyed his company. We started out as just friends and then slowly we became closer. We started flirting more and spending more time together. I knew from then that I was starting to fall for him and then when I had a panic attack in school, he took care of me and I realized that he was one of a kind. Oh my god I sound so cheesy right now."

I pressed my hands onto my cheeks and unsurprisingly, they were hot.

"What about all the rumours people spread about him? Did he clear those up for you?"

I could feel Riley's genuine concern for me through her words.

"Yeah. The one about him beating a guy to death for touching his car or whatever was actually with Brayden. Brayden got beaten really badly that day and Hunter had stayed back for soccer practice. He saw Brayden by his car and offered to take him home. When people saw them both in Hunter's car with Brayden's beaten face they assumed the worst. I asked Brayden for clarification and he confirmed what Hunter told me."