Chapter 15 - You Guys Argue Like a Married Couple

Chapter 15 – You Guys Argue Like a Married Couple

"No you idiot, you're supposed to slide your foot across on the skateboard and then lift the other leg and stand on it properly." Hunter hissed for the fiftieth time, getting aggravated with me.

I was still learning how to skateboard and couldn't manage to get it right. Hunter was standing behind me with his hands encircled around my waist to keep me from falling and I – as he so dramatically put it – had a 'death grip' on his arms. Excuse me for being scared of what could potentially be the cause of my death.

"Alyssa I swear to god if you slide off on purpose one more time so help me god I will get that damn skateboard and shove it down your throat." He threatened humourlessly.

"It's not my fault!" My whining didn't seem to help at all with his irritation.

"Okay." I turned around and saw him pinch the bridge of his nose.

"Let's try something else. Instead of me being behind you, I'll stand in front of you." He moved in front of me and let go of my waist, holding my hands in front of me instead. The warmth of his hands left a trail on my waist and I could feel the heat on that specific part of my skin. He gripped my hands firmly in his own and I was surprised by the fact that my entire hand buried into his soft palm, "That way I can pull you forward and if you decide to try and get off, you're just going to fall on me which, judging by the way you're holding onto me right now – wouldn't cause you any inconvenience." He teased.

"I'm holding onto you because I don't wanna fall, don't get too happy."

Hunter walked backwards and pulled me gently with him so that the skateboard moved. I began relaxing into his hold and the fear of falling eased away.

"Now, shift yourself so that you're standing on it sideways." I did as he told me and moved my feet sideways on the skateboard.

"Okay, I'm going to let go and don't start screaming like a hyena." I glared at him as he gently let go of my hands. On impulse I held out my arms to balance myself and continued moving forward in a steady pace.

"Finally! You're getting somewhere." Jackson sighed in relief.

"Shut up. It's not easy you know."

"It's not as hard as you're making it out to be either." Hunter remarked.

"At least I got it now."

"Yeah," He scoffed, "If only you had done this half an hour ago."

"Shut up."

"Is that the only thing you say when people insult you?"

I glared, "It's the only thing I say when you insult me."

"Is it because you can't think straight when you're around me?" He asked tauntingly. I stood still and quiet as Hunter took a step closer and dipped his head down to rest on my shoulder, his gentle breathing caressing my collarbone.

"No. It's because I'd rather not waste my precious time on a pathetic piece of lost property." I flicked his ear and pushed his head off my shoulder. Walking a good few meters away from him, I let out the breath I had been holding.

"Damn, you guys argue like a married couple." Jackson laughed.

"I'm glad that my hatred for him entertains you." I responded sarcastically.

I looked up and caught a glimpse of the moon shining, "Hey Hunter? How far out are we from my house?"

"About a 10 minute drive." He answered.