Chapter 17 - I Would Rather Jump Off a Cliff...

Chapter 17 – I Would Rather Jump Off a Cliff...

And in that moment, with my body pressed against his, with his arms embracing me in his hold, with his lips drowning me in a breath taking kiss, I realized something.

I like Hunter Ashford.

And I'd be damned if he found out.

I pulled away as soon as the realization hit me.

My eyes met his and a blush crept onto my cheeks.

"I have to admit... You're not that bad of a kisser." His tone was teasing.

My head dipped down. A few strands of hair fell on my face, framing my embarrassment. I mumbled an incoherent 'thanks' and removed my hands from around his neck dropping them by my sides.

Hunter's arms loosened around me as soon as he sensed my discomfort. My feet moved on their own accord, taking a few steps back to create some distance between us.

"I'm sorry." It surprised me how firm my voice was considering the fact that I was freaking out inside.

"Let me guess..." I looked up, hearing a humourless laugh emit from his mouth, "You regret that."

"Hunter..." I tried reasoning, but no words came out.

I watched as he shook his head in disappointment, "Save it." His voice was stone cold, taking me by surprise.

My mouth opened to call after him as he walked – well more like jogged – away from me, but I couldn't speak.

"From the looks of it that didn't end well."

My head whipped back to find Hunter's friend standing there with his arms folded over his chest. I recognised him as the Hispanic one but couldn't quite remember his name.

"Peter is it?" I asked unsurely.

It was evident that I was wrong when a light chuckle escaped his mouth, "Parker." He corrected.

"Sorry, there's a shitload of you and I'm already crap with names." I apologised. Yes, that is my definition of an apology.

"I get you shorty. So what's the deal with him? Are you guys like... friends with benefits or something?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

It stuns me to no end how childish and playful these guys are. The only one out of them who doesn't shamelessly flirt with me is probably Jackson. But then again I'm pretty sure he knows that I like Hunter, which by the way I am still struggling to come to terms with.

I like him.

I like the guy that I kicked in the balls on my first day of school. I like the guy who threatened me with named spiders. I like the guy who sabotaged my room and turned it into a Justin Bieber fan's dream. When I think back to the past month and everything we've done to each other it's shocking that I've come to the stage of liking him.

"Pfft, yeah right," I scoffed sarcastically "Friends with benefits?! I hardly consider us friends at all, I hate the guy!"

"Really?" His tone almost mocked me. Challenging my statement.

"Last time I checked, making out isn't exactly the best indication for hatred."

"We were not making out." I failed to hide the blush that crept onto my cheeks.

"What do you call it then? Sharing spit?"

"Shut up!" I whined as my entire face heated up in embarrassment.