Chapter 57 - Look Where I am Now

A/N – It's a short chapter because it's a really early update. Not Edited.

Chapter 57 – Look Where I am Now

You know when people say that a woman's biggest weakness is seeing her man with a baby? Well I couldn't really relate to that, up until now.

My eyes fluttered open only to be met with a sight that brought a smile to my face, despite the pain of my on-going migraine and period cramps.

Hunter was sat against the wall of my room, legs spread out in front of him with his head hung low. He decided to wear a cap today and it was pulled down to cover his forehead. My heart fluttered as I admired how effortlessly good he looked.

But that wasn't what made me smile. What made me smile was the sight of my little Aaron laying comfortably on Hunter's stomach, his head snuggled against Hunter's chest. They were both sound asleep and I felt a sense of tranquillity with the sound of Hunter's soft snores filling the silence in my room.

I slipped out of the bed, quietly walking over to them and kneeling down.

A little laugh slipped out of my lips as I saw a ghost of a smile on Aaron's face.

I gently lifted the cap from Hunter's head before tipping his chin up to place a soft kiss on his slightly parted lips. It was a relief that he didn't wake up – it's evident that he is also tired of everything that has happened and I felt guilty for not being considerate of that.

"Hey, how are you – "

My mom peeked her head through the door, stopping mid-sentence when her eyes also landed on my boyfriend and my brother.

Her face lit up with a smile. She walked in, looking down at them before glancing towards me with a raised eyebrow.

"And you're telling me he isn't worth it all?"

I looked at him, feeling stupid for even thinking about giving up on him.

"Aaron got restless when you fell asleep so I took him to the kitchen whilst I was cooking dinner. As soon as I let Hunter in he saw that I struggling to keep an eye on Aaron and offered to take him. I love him, I really do and I don't trust any other man to take care of you the way I trust him."

And that of course, triggered the emotional rollercoaster inside me. I blinked back the tears, feeling ashamed for not recognizing what a blessing he really is.

"I'll call you when dinner's ready."

She walked out the room and I glanced at the clock.

6pm.

I was out for almost four hours.

I looked back at Hunter and realized that his back is probably going to ache from being slouched against the wall.

I didn't have it in me to wake him up, knowing that he needs to rest but I'm pretty sure I can get him into bed and he'll fall right back to sleep.

"Hunter."

I cupped his cheek, tapping it lightly.

"Baby, wake up. You can get into bed and go back to sleep."

It took a minute or two of softly whispering in his ear before his eyes slowly fluttered open.

He took in his surroundings before his eyes landed on the bed.

My sleepyhead.

"Come on. Let's get you into bed and I'll wake you up later for dinner."

He slowly trudged to the bed before falling onto it and I used all the physical strength I had in me to move his body properly so that his head was on the pillow and his legs were stretched out.