Chapter 62 - Did You Lose Your Clothes On Your Way Down?

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! How did you guys spend your New Year's Eve?

I'm so happy that I got this chapter up today and it's pretty long as well so enjoy x

*****

Chapter 62 – Did You Lose Your Clothes On Your Way Down?

Alyssa Shade

New Year's Eve in Times Square.

One of the most exhilarating events of the year in New York.

So you can imagine why I woke up today feeling like a ball of sunshine ready to burst with excitement. The little girl in me was ready to jump up and down on my bed but Hunter was still asleep beside me.

I sat up in bed and shifted my body, staring at him in endearment.

The past few days have been so heart-warming, seeing Hunter mix in so well with my family. I'm not going to lie, it did make my mind wander towards the future – being married to and having children with this man seems like a dream but I hope and pray to God we last. I have no doubt about the love we have for each other but his extracurricular activities just don't settle well with me, especially in the future when he will be a father.

But that's a discussion for another time, I thought as Hunter stirred in his sleep.

I told him about my going away for six weeks and needless to say, he wasn't too happy about it. But he did say it would give him a chance to focus solely on University since I'm quite the distraction apparently. My cheeks flushed as I recalled his smoldering gaze when he said that and the events that we were indulged in after that conversation.

My mom's face beamed with delight when I trudged down the stairs after brushing my teeth.

"Good morning, love. New Year's Eve tonight, you got anything planned with Hunter?"

"Yeah, he said we're going somewhere in the evening that he won't tell me about and then we're going to go to Times Square to watch the ball drop. What about you and dad?"

She brings me a plate of scrambled egg and toast, "We're going to have a rooftop dinner and then probably join you guys for the countdown."

The living room was still a mess with blankets scattered across the sofa and glasses and plates on the coffee table. Everyone left late last night so we left the cleaning up for this morning.

"It was nice having the whole family around."

"Yeah it was. I was scared it would be awkward but we just fell back into the swing of things like nothing happened."

It had been years since my mom had spoken to her sisters and cousins. They stopped talking to her when she became an alcoholic and even though she has been sober for a while now, they just seemed to have cut her off – mainly because they were still uneasy of Mark. But this year, my mom had the courage to ring them up and invite them over to New York for Christmas and New Year's and after a tense conversation of catching up and clearing the air, they really did fall back into their sibling relationship. Plus Aaron was quite the deal breaker since no one can resist babies.

My eyes wander towards the doorway as Hunter walks in with said baby on his hip. Aaron is still sleepy, his eyes drooping as he buries himself in Hunter's neck. Oh and he's shirtless, which explains the flutter in my stomach.

"Good morning, Hunter. Did you lose your clothes on your way down?"

Trust my mom to greet him like that.