Chapter 52 - Get On This Half-Pipe And Start Twerking

(Not Edited)

Chapter 52 - Get On This Half-Pipe And Start Twerking

Alyssa Shade

"My dad killed her."

The expression that took over his face broke me.

Shock. Pain. Frustration. Confusion.

And then...

Anger.

"If you're joking, I'm telling you know that it's not funny."

Ironically, I let out a laugh. But it wasn't one of amusement or happiness, it was a laugh filled with pain and hopelessness.

The tear that had built up in my eye fell onto my cheek.

"Let's go to my room. I don't want to do this here."

He dropped me onto my feet and went ahead towards his room.

My heart sank at the hostility. I could tell from the way his eyes stayed glued to the floor that he couldn't even look at me.

I mean I don't blame him. Imagine being told that your current girlfriend's dad killed your previous girlfriend who you were deeply in love with and hoped to spend the rest of your life with.

When we reached his room, he went in and stood by the door until I was inside, shutting it behind him.

He sat down on the bed and I contemplated sitting next to him, but instead decided to take the sofa in the corner of his room.

"Is that why Owen wanted you alone? To tell you that your dad killed my girlfriend?"

My girlfriend.

The bitterness in his voice was hard to ignore.

"Yes."

He ran a hand through his hair, sighing in frustration. Once again, his eyes went everywhere aside from on me.

With a shaky breath, I decided to speak.

"I know that I'm in no position to even begin to justify what he did or even understand how it impacted you, but for what it's worth, I think she was an amazing person from what you've told me. And maybe I may never live up to her, be it looks or personality, but I don't think it's fair for you to punish me for something that I didn't do."

My heart jumped when he finally looked at me, our eyes locked in a trance. The anger was still there, but at least he wasn't disgusted by me.

"Hunter, I love you more than anything and I would do absolutely anything for you but if what he did distorts your view on me then tell me right now because I'm sick and tired of being treated like shit. You've treated me like shit before and I can't go through any of that again."

Five-months-ago me would have broken down in tears and avoided this confrontation and probably would have broken up with him before he had the chance to break up with me.

I was proud of myself, as cocky as that may sound.

I was surprised when Hunter beckoned me over, "Come here."

I took a deep breath, walking to the edge of the bed, about to sit down a few feet away from him but he instantly pulled me by the waist, straight onto his lap.

He pulled my legs up to either side of him, allowing me to wrap them around his waist. The distance between us was small but it seemed to annoy him because he pulled me flush against with his arms resting on my back.