Chapter 12 - He Doesn't Need That Many Alarm Clocks

A/N - Once again you guys have amazed me - 100 Votes!!! Thank you so much to everyone who genuinely enjoys this story and for taking the time out to vote and comment. If you are reading this story without voting then please vote, it doesn't take that much time but every single vote pushes me and motivates me to continue writing and it also assures me that you guys like what I'm writing. My next goal is 50 comments so let's see if we can get there. Please comment on chapters and tell me your favourite lines, what you liked best and also any suggestions that you have. Thank you again xx

Chapter 12 - He Doesn't Need That Many Alarm Clocks

"I'm hungry." Hunter blurted out a few minutes after our laughter had died down from his terrible pick-up lines. The traffic light one had me giggling like a donkey on crack so much so that I nearly crashed into a truck.

I ignored him without sparing a glance.

"Did you hear me? I said I'm hungry."

I rolled my eyes, "Am I supposed to give a damn?"

"Unless you want me to die of starvation; yes." He answered.

I looked over to my right to see him examining his bruised knuckles. I was just about to avert my gaze to the road when my eyes caught a glimpse of the knife next to Hunter's seat; the seat which I was previously sitting in.

A fearful shudder ran down my spine as I stared at the blood which was smeared on it. This drew Hunter's attention and he looked up from his knuckles, giving me a worried look.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I shook my head, "Nothing."

"Alyssa, unless you're a vampire you don't just shiver randomly out of nowhere, so tell me what's wrong?"

I didn't answer but looked back at the knife. Hunter caught on immediately and sighed.

"Are you still being a little wimp?"

I looked back at the road, disregarding his insult - he acts like I'm supposed to be so casual about it.

"I didn't kill anyone before you get some twisted idea that I'm a mass murderer or something." He jokingly assured me.

I relaxed slightly yet the thought of someone's blood being on that knife caused an uneasy knot to form in my stomach, so I asked the question that was lurking in my mind.

"Whose blood is that?" I asked anxiously.

Even without paying attention, I saw his body tense from the corner of my eye.

"I..." He trailed, not being able to find the right words to say. I anticipated his answer because it would determine whether I will jump out of this car and run like a madman or ease up and not be worried.

He stayed silent for a moment before a frustrated sigh left his lips, "Just believe me when I say that you're better off not knowing."

"I'll be daring and count your word on it." I replied, intending to drop the subject.

We continued without another word and it was only a few mere seconds that the silence lasted.

"There's a McDonalds on the next left turn can we please stop there for a quick meal. I feel like my stomach is going to turn against me and end up eating me." Hunter whined.

"That would be a miracle." I mumbled.

______________________

"Are you going to tell me how you ended up looking like a truck ran over you or not?" I asked Hunter teasingly, stealing a fry from him.