Chapter 61 - She's In Love With Me

I know, I know. I owe you guys an explanation but I figured you'd wanna read the chapter first so my lil speech is at the end. Enjoy!

*****

Chapter 61 – She's In Love With Me

Alyssa Shade

My phone rang just as I went to turn the lamp off in my room. Well, my old room.

Seeing the caller ID light up my screen made me smile.

"Hey."

"I miss you."

"I miss you, too. But we're seeing each other in two days so I'm looking forward to that."

We decided that we would spend Christmas with our separate families given how much time we've spent alone together in the last few months. Not that I'm complaining – I feel closer to him than ever but let's just say we've kind of forgotten that other people exist. Even though there have been weeks where we barely get to see each other apart from getting into bed at night whilst the other is already asleep – sometimes he has gotten in late due to 'work' or his University schedule and sometimes I've gotten in late due to my extra dancing classes. We've been rehearsing hard for Camila Cabello's promo tour for her new album. The only performance I won't be joining in with is the New Year's Eve one in Time's Square because I'm not yet ready to dance like that in front of Hunter or my parents. I'm beyond excited and honoured, but nervous at the same time because the performances will be on live TV, so if I mess up it's on video. The only downside to this incredible experience is leaving Hunter for six weeks, which I still need to tell him about but I'd rather have that conversation face to face than on the phone.

I hear him sigh into the phone, "I didn't think it would be this hard to be apart from you for a week."

"I know. We should stay handcuffed together until we're sixty."

"Ooh, kinky."

I rolled my eyes. I could practically hear the smirk on his face.

"Shut up. You know what I meant."

"We're spending New Years together, right? I want to take you to Times Square and show you the firework display."

It dawned on me that I missed last year's New Year's celebration because I was too busy trying not to get killed. That's probably why he wants to take me so bad. It's been a year and he's still trying to make up for it.

"Yeah. We'll be that annoying couple who are just making out whilst everyone else is screaming and celebrating."

"Yeah. Something like that."

My brows furrowed. It sounded like that was meant for himself but I brushed it off.

"How's your Christmas been?"

What's Christmas like when your dad runs an organisation like that?

He cleared his throat, "Fun. We had a lot of fun."

"Okay...? What kind of fun?"

"Baking cookies, wearing matching Christmas pyjamas and watching Home Alone together kind of fun."

The mockery in his tone made me roll my eyes. Let's just say he's not the most festive person. But he also sounded somewhat... sad?

"Hunter..."

"Yes, my gorgeous little elf?"

"Why are you lying?"

He stays quiet and I sit up in the bed, suddenly a lot more concerned about how he spent his Christmas.