Chapter 18 - My Insecurity Overpowers My Self-Confidence

A/N - 5.6k reads?! Over 300 votes?! And over 100 comments?!

Just give me a quick second to comprehend this...

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

Thank you so much for the support. If you are a silent reader then please consider voting for the chapters it only takes a second to click on the little star at the bottom of the page but it honestly makes my day so please vote.

Chapter 18 - My Insecurity Overpowers My Self-Confidence

School today was as shitty as it gets. Needless to say, I was more focused on avoiding Hunter than actually paying attention in any of my lessons.

It baffled me how a boy could stay on my mind for longer than 5 hours. I thought I would forget about him by lunch time, but boy was I wrong.

It was now fifth period which, to my luck, I had free. I was roaming the hallways trying to clear mind from the jumbled mess that it was currently in. I knew for a given fact that I was overthinking it all but that was something I had always been good at.

I let out a tired sigh as a voice startled me.

"You sure have had a busy week, huh?"

Fighting the urge to groan in annoyance, I reluctantly faced the one person I was hoping to never see.

"What do you want, Kayla?" There was no sense of competition in my voice.

"I warned you. I told you not to go near Hunter." By now she was standing directly in front of me.

I fought to control my anger.

"In case you don't know, Hunter kissed me, not the other way around." I tried explaining calmly.

But there was no use; the scowl on her face hadn't disappeared.

"I don't give a single shit about that. My problem is that you keep interfering into my life."

My brows furrowed.

"Kayla, get a goddamn grip. You're so cheap that you feel the need to threaten and manipulate your way through life just to get what you want. Last time I checked Hunter doesn't have a stamp on his forehead saying 'property of Kayla Summers' so grow the fuck up and stop acting like you own him!"

"Jealous much?"

I almost dropped my books from hearing the coldness of his voice.

My head whipped around, seeing him standing behind me with his car keys in his hand.

"Come on, babe," He walked over to Kayla, not once looking at me, and put an arm around her shoulder, "We're going to be late."

And that was the harshest slap to the face I have ever received. Seeing Kayla's triumphant smirk as she kissed Hunter's cheek made it unbearable for me to stay there.

*****

Even now as I was riding my motorcycle back home from school, I was still thinking about him.

Parking my bike in the garage, I made my way to the front door and picked up the letter that was sitting on the porch. My mother was sitting on the sofa in the living room when I entered, so I plopped down next to her and glanced at the letter.

If there wasn't a superman sign in the corner of the envelope, I would have thought it was some kind of formal letter. Ripping the envelope open eagerly, I smiled.

I was excited to hear from my best friend in quite a while. It's been almost a month since I've moved to New York. Almost a month ago I met Hunter Ashford.