Chapter 5 - Do You Sell Dora The Explorer T-Shirts?

I woke up the next day feeling like I'd been run over by a truck mercilessly, several times. My head was throbbing in pain and not even Aspirin could heal it.

And that Ladies and Gentlemen, is famously known by the teenage population, as a hangover.

Remind me again why the hell I decided it was a good idea to go to a party on a school night?

"You look like shit." My mom stated as soon as I walked into the kitchen.

"That makes me feel a lot better, mom. Thank you." I retorted sarcastically.

I grabbed some water and headed back upstairs to take a shower and get dressed.

"Bye Mom." I yelled, closing the front door behind me. I managed to make myself look somewhat presentable and not look like a zombie.

*****

It seemed as if my little dance battle thing with Peppa Pig was slightly unexpected seeing as though everyone was talking about it today.

"How on Earth was she able to beat Isabella? I mean look at her, she's got nothing impressive at all."

"I know right. She thinks she owns the damn school. Who the hell does she think she is."

I watched from the corner of my eye, two girls whispering not so far from my locker, and one of them occasionally pointed at me and rolled her eyes in disgust.

I slammed my locker shut and turned to them, "If you idiots have anything to say, then please do say it to my face."

"Okay. You're a low class bitch who thinks that she can get anything she wants, but believe me Hunter Ashford is not and never will be interested in you. So I suggest you stop acting like you run this school and take a step back, before I humiliate you in front of the entire school."

It wasn't either of the girls who spoke. Instead, it was that familiar high-pitched voice that made my fists clench.

Kayla.

"Excuse me?" I turned around, "I don't want your famous little boyfriend. You can keep Hunter, trust me. And don't you dare act like I'm the one thinks she's all high and mighty when you expect the entire school to bow down to your feet."

I grabbed my bag and headed towards my class - Chemistry with Mr Boldman. Yay me.

I walked in to class and sat down in my now reserved seat; right at the back of the class. The door opened again and in walked Hunter Ashford with his entourage, all laughing in unison. I rolled my eyes and whipped le phone out, playing temple run until the teacher comes.

A dark shadow cast over me and a figure slumped down into the seat beside mine, dropping their bag onto the floor next to them. I kept my head low, yet from the corner of my eye I could see the black nike bag, and inwardly groaned when I realised who it was.

"Hey there Buttercup." His voice was cheerful, proving that he was used to the aftermath of a party.

"What the hell do you want?" I muttered in frustration. I really was not in the mood to have a nice, long chat with Hunter - considering Kayla's words to me previously.

"Woah," He sensed the negative vibe from my question, "What's gotten your panties in a tight twist?"

"You really want to know?" I lifted my head, meeting his curious blue eyes.

"You're guard dog made it very clear that if I even glance at you it will bark really really viciously and then proceed to bite my head off."