Chapter 42 - You Are So F*cking Beautiful

A/N - The lyrics to the song above perfectly describe Alyssa's state of mind in this chapter x

Chapter 42 – You Are So F*cking Beautiful

Alyssa Shade

KAYLA?!

As in the girl in school who is always wearing heels and never looks under-dressed? She is somehow a part of this gang as well?!

I closed my eyes, feeling the oncoming migraine and decided to take a break from attempting to digest so much information.

My eyes scanned the room and I noticed that it was practically empty. The only actual object in the room apart from me and the chair I was sitting on was the table on which all the guns were placed.

It was empty now. All the heavy guns had been carried out by a few men who came in. The glances I got from them were uncomfortable, to say the least. I felt uneasy when they each walked in, spotted me and scanned me with their eyes, scoffing before walking out. It is obvious that someone like definitely does not belong in a place like this. When I walked in the house it felt like a mafia house. The long hallway never seemed to end and it seems old but beautiful, like it has been preserved generation after generation to be inherited by the next person and family in line.

"Have you finished?"

My head whipped up at the deep voice. Jason stood in the doorway, leaning against the frame with his arms crossed over his broad chest.

His face was twisted into a hard expression, one which was difficult to decipher.

"No," I was surprised at how hoarse and low my voice was, "I can't take it all in at once."

He sighed, walked in, dragged the table directly in front of me and hoisted himself onto it, turning towards me.

This is probably the closest he's been and I looked directly at him, unable to deny that he was handsome. Really handsome.

His stubble was shaped perfectly, sharp and precise. I could tell that his jaw was clenched by the small indent on his lower cheek.

"How about I explain everything to you from the beginning and you can read that in your own time to confirm what I tell you?"

I was distracted from his proposition by the words 'in your own time' and it reminded me that if I'm here longer than the number of days I told my parents I'd be in Miami then they'd get worried. I told Charlotte that if my mom called, asking how I was, to tell her that I was out or busy or in the bathroom so I couldn't talk on the phone. My heart clenched at the thought I was probably a mere few miles away from home and yet everything about this place felt foreign. I felt so far away from my family and at one point I wondered what Jason and Dominic were planning on doing with me. I had guessed I was bait for Hunter but that seems too simple and easy for a pair of intelligent, dangerous men.

"Okay. But can I get something to eat first?"

A look of realization came over his face and he hopped off the table, gesturing for me to follow him.

"You're going to stay in here for the time being."

He led me into the hallway and we walked past a few rooms before turning a corner. He walked into the first room and my jaw dropped at the sight of it.

To say it was big would be an understatement. It looked intricately put together, every detail placed perfectly in a precise position and it was honestly beautiful.

A weird feeling settled in my stomach. Why am I being given such an extravagant room? Surely that shouldn't happen with captives. You don't get the best of anything unless there is an ulterior motive. I wanted to set aside my confusion and walk into the room with open arms but I just couldn't. The fact that I was going to be living here for a while made me really question what they wanted with me.