Chapter 7 - Is It a Boy Or a Girl?

"I think that was by far, the best prank anyone has pulled in the history of Riverdale High!" Marissa gushed beside me as I pulled my textbook out of my locker for first period.

Everyone, and I mean everyone was talking about yesterday, some quite amused, others fairly defensive of their mutual boyfriend. I however was completely satisfied with my efforts.

"Wait," Riley said,

"Why didn't Hunter just change back into his clothing that he wore to school when he realised what was inside his gym bag?"

I bit back a smile and closed my locker, turning to face my friends who were all looking at me in anticipation.

"I may or may not have paid the coach 20 bucks to restrict Hunter from going back into the changing rooms." I confessed shyly.

Marissa and Bailey threw their heads back in laughter, applauding me in the process.

Danielle crossed her arms across her chest and raised an eyebrow, giving me a suspicious look.

"What?" I asked, feigning innocence.

She gave me an 'Are-you-serious' look.

"Hunter may be an idiot but he's not plain stupid. He would've realised before he left the changing rooms."

I sighed in defeat, finally giving in. "Fine. I also paid his friend, Caleb, 10 dollars to hide in Hunter's changing room and steal his clothes as he was removing them." I mumbled, getting quieter with each word to the point that my revelation ended in a whisper.

"You are officially my favourite person in the entire world!" Riley squealed, shaking my shoulders in excitement.

"I cannot believe that you bribed two people in order to carry out this prank." Danielle stated, shaking her head in fake disappointment.

"Hey!" I pointed my index finger at her, "Seeing Hunter wearing that was definitely worth it!" I defended myself.

Layla appeared from behind me and stood with us, her eyes locked on to her phone. Her eyebrows were furrowed in frustration and her hands were shaking slightly - I don't think anyone else noticed. She seemed troubled and anxious. I wanted to ask her if everything was alright but I stopped, realising that I hadn't spoken to her at all apart from the whole introduction thing at lunch two days ago. It'd be sort of weird for me to expect that she would spill her entire sob story to the new girl.

The bell rang and we departed. I had Maths with Miss Rivers right now, which is probably the only subject that I enjoy in school.

I honestly don't understand the teenage population's hatred for Maths. It's the only subject that actually makes sense and it's useful as well. Despite that joke about people wondering when they are going to actually use all this algebra shit in real life - I think Maths is vitally important in a human's life.