Chapter 36 - I Really Don't Want To Talk To You

A/N – I was going to update tomorrow but I just got my GCSE results an hour ago and I'm really really happy with them so I just wanted to share my happiness with you guys by updating early :). This chapter is a lot longer than my usual ones so enjoy. Please vote and comment if you like it.

Chapter 36 – I Really Don't Want To Talk To You

Can we talk?

I sighed and ran a hand down my face. I guess luck isn't on my side right now since I can't seem to escape the wrath of Hunter Ashford.

No

I already said I was done chasing him.

When he didn't reply I felt the urge to put him in his place.

I'm done being at your beck and call. I said what I needed to say and you walked away which clearly means you don't care. So no, we can't talk.

I would've felt bad if I hadn't talked myself into forgetting about him just a few minutes ago.

I'm sorry for not believing you.

I felt the courage course through my veins and found myself typing rapidly.

That's it? I made myself look like a complete psycho, begging for you to believe me and that's your apology? Go fuck yourself.

A few tantalizing seconds passed and I almost jumped from my seat when a loud ringing sound caught my attention.

My heart stopped when I saw Hunter's name flashing on the screen and my finger immediately proceeded to the decline button but I couldn't bring myself to decline the call.

My phone kept ringing for a while as I stared at it, biting my lip.

"Hello?"

I wanted to slap myself when my finger rapidly pressed the answer button and I hastily held the phone to my ear, unable to ignore the fact that I wanted to hear his voice.

"I didn't think you'd pick up."

I could tell he let out a heavy breath by the croaky sound in the call. A few seconds of silence fell upon us but it wasn't awkward. It was the kind of silence that was needed in a situation like this. The kind of silence I was grateful for and I tried everything in my power to build a wall between us during those few seconds.

"I know I'm the last person you want to speak with right now but I really need to talk to you... please."

Tears clouded my vision, images flashing in my head.

His hands on her body.

His kiss on her lips.

His cold, hard eyes on me.

His body pressed against her.

I didn't notice that I was full on crying until my hand shot up to my mouth to choke down a sob.

"Say hi to your new girlfriend for me. She's quite the work of art isn't she?"

"Don't."

His voice was angry. Possessive.

The tone of his words was dark, daring me to disobey.

"Don't say that."

His deep voice sent chills down my spine and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Why not?" My voice was raspy and croaky as my eyes landed on the wet patch on the sofa caused by my tears, "It's the truth, right? You two look really good together."