Chapter 24 - Perfect Cherry On The Top

Guess What??!?!?!??!!

We've hit 22,000 reads!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for all the support, I love you guys.

By the way, I'm so sorry for the delay. I hope this chapter makes up for it and hopefully the updates will be much more regular.

Chapter 24 - Perfect Cherry On The Top

"Wise people don't make the same mistake twice."

I stepped away, my conscience stepping in and telling me to create some distance. "Well then you shouldn't have kissed me a second time."

He laughed, taking forward the step that I had taken back, "Nice try, Shade. But you and I both know that you liked it when I kissed you. Both times."

I shrugged, "So what if I did? That doesn't necessarily mean anything. Even if I was interested in you it's not like we would last longer than a week anyway. You move from one girl to another faster than a damn Cheetah."

He leaned against the wall, "And you've seen me with all these girls I assume?"

"No. I've only seen you with Kayla because I only ever see you in school."

He raised his eyebrows in challenge, "So then how do you know that I move from girl to another faster than a Cheetah?"

"Because people from school have told me."

He scoffed, "Just like people told you that I apparently beat Brayden to death and yet he's still alive."

My eyes narrowed, "What's your point?"

Hunter pushed himself off the wall and placed his hands in his pockets, walking towards me until he was towering over me, "I've only been with 3 girls in my entire life. Kayla, Ciara and a really quiet girl from my English class who I dated last year so I could copy her homework."

My curiosity got the best of me, "Who's Ciara?"

He ignored me but my eyes caught the slight clench of his fist.

"I don't believe for a second that you have only been involved with 3 girls in your entire life. How about you make some bullshit up that is actually believable, maybe then you could keep a girl for longer than a week."

He smirked and then pulled out his phone, unlocking it and offering it to me, "Check my phone. Check for any messages, any contacts and any recent calls. When a girl comes up, I'll tell you who she is to me."

I grabbed his phone and first went through his contacts. It took me a while, scrolling through his never ending contacts before I found a girl.

"Celeste?" I asked.

"She's my next door neighbour. I'll introduce you to her if you don't believe me."

I continued scrolling, seeing nothing but boy name's until I found a contact that reminded me of earlier.

"Sarah?"

"She's my mom's friend's daughter and she's only 13. She practically grew up in my house so I see her as my little sister."

Apart from that, there weren't any other girls on his contact list. I didn't bother going through messages or recent calls because he could have easily deleted them.

I handed his phone back, "That still doesn't prove anything. Everyone that tells me about you has warned me not to get involved with you."

He rolled his eyes as if he was tired of hearing that.

"That's because everyone in school just assumes that I'm the kind of guy to punch someone if they bump into me and sleep with every girl that has big boobs and a nice ass."