Chapter 29 - Did I Ever Say I Was a Gentleman?

A/N – Hey guys. So I'm going to start making vote and comment goals on my chapters. And don't worry you will still get updates even if they are not reached. So this chapter's goal is 50 votes and 30 comments. Let's see if we can reach that xx

Chapter 29 – Did I Ever Say I Was a Gentleman?

"Do you want anything to drink?"

I shook my head vigorously and began nervously playing with my fingers. I couldn't help but feel slightly out of place as my eyes wandered around the unfamiliar house.

"Make yourself at home."

Hunter took off his jacket and placed his keys on the kitchen table as I watched his movements. He walked to the fridge and pulled out a carton of orange juice, tilting his head up to drink it. In any other occasion, I would have told him how gross that was but right now, the anxiety within me created a knot at the back of my throat which restricted my speech.

"Your mom isn't home. She told me to take you to my house and she'll call when she gets home."

I remembered him telling me when we were in the car when he had called my mother to inform her regarding my panic attack and the fact that I was coming home early from school. When he told me that she wasn't home I vaguely recalled her saying something about going over to a friend's house at breakfast.

"Do you live in two different places?"

Hunter was sitting next to me on the sofa with his feet propped up against the glass table in front of us. He still had his shoes on which would usually bother me but I didn't care at the moment.

"I guess you could say that."

It would be best not to push him on it, I decided.

A few seconds of silence passed. It wasn't awkward though, it was comfortable. It was as if he was giving me some time to myself. I liked it.

"Are they frequent?"

We both turned to each other.

"Your panic attacks. Do you get them frequently?"

I broke our gaze and traced the edge of the glass of orange juice that was in my hand, despite my objection to having a drink.

"Umm... They used to be really regular quite a while ago, but then they stopped for a really long time and now they've started again. It just sucks to not even know why the hell I'm getting them. Before I would know the reason and my therapist would aid me in controlling them and after a while, I was actually able to supress quite a lot of them with the therapy that I was getting. They cut down slowly and I was so grateful because it was just draining me completely. And now, when I finally got the opportunity to get away from everything, I come all the way back to square one as if I didn't make any progress at all. Only now, it's worse because I don't even know what's causing them, it's just..."

I hadn't realized that I was rambling until I looked back up at Hunter.

I had my legs up against my chest with my chin resting on my knees and I was almost whispering the words, my eyes glued to the television remote on the table.

When I looked up at Hunter, the rate of my heart beat increased. There were many people that I had informed regarding my panic attacks and there were many people who weren't aware of them until they witnessed one themselves. Needless to say, 99 percent of the people who knew would either look at me with pity and sorrow, carelessness or fear. Not necessarily the kind of fear that would make goose bumps rise on your skin, but more like the kind where you wouldn't want to go near a person because they seem strange and weird. To a lot of people, I was that person. I am that person.