Chapter 21

(Readers POV)

I looked at the arena. Vegeta powered up into Super Saiyan. Magetta started to release steam from a funnel on the top of his head. Vegeta fired a ki attack at Magetta, but it didn't do much. Vegeta rushed at Magetta and kicked him. Magetta took the attack like it was nothing. He tried to punch Vegeta, but he flew up into the air, getting distance.

Goki: Vegeta! Be careful!

Vegeta looked behind and almost touched the barrier. He stopped himself and looked down at Magetta. He opened his mouth and started to shoot lava out of it.

(Y/N): That's... Weird.

Vegeta flew to the left to dodge the lava spit.

Beerus: Hey! That has to be cheating!

Announcer: That lava is naturally formed in his body, so it's legal.

Vegeta was about to hit the barrier again, but he stopped himself. Magetta released even more steam and spat out more lava. Vegeta fired a ki blast at the lava, making a small explosion. I looked closely at Vegeta and he started to sweat.

(Y/N): Wait. Vegeta is screwed.

Beerus: What?! What do you mean?!

I pointed at the ring.

(Y/N): Don't you see? All the steam coming from Magetta's body is filling the barrier, making it hard for Vegeta to breath.

Beerus: So Champa put it there to suffocate Vegeta?! Hey! Champa! You sealed off the air in the ring!

Champa: What? Maybe use your eyes to look.

I looked at the bottom of the barrier and there is a bit of space letting steam out.

Champa: I knew ventilation was going to be a problem so I made sure the steam could get out. How about next time don't agree to something you won't like later!

Goki: Oh man. Vegeta isn't in a good spot. You need to get down Vegeta!

Vegeta: Shut up, I got this!

Vegeta put his hands back and got ready to fire a Galick Gun.

Vegeta: Let's see you take this! Galick Gun!

He fired his purple beam. Magetta shot out a full stream of lava. The two attacks clashed. The lava hardened up. Vegeta scoffed and stopped his attack, going down to the arena floor. Magetta grabbed the hardened lava and started to swing it like a bat. Magetta rushed at Vegeta and hit him with the lava bat. Vegeta got sent flying down. He slowly started to stop himself.

Goki: Vegeta! Stop!

Vegeta looked down and he was out of bounds. No way. He lost... And because of a cheap trick by Champa. This hasn't been a fun tournament and it's starting to piss me off!

Champa: Come on ref! Why aren't you saying he's out?!

The announcer went down and looked at Vegeta.

Announcer: He's safe!

Champa and Beerus: WHAT?!?!

Announcer: Vegeta has landed on a small piece of the arena floor, so he's not out of bounds!

Beerus: Let's go!

Goki: Nice! Vegeta is still in the fight!

Whis: That may not be a good thing.

I looked at Whis. What does he mean by that?

Whis: Try to imagine how Vegeta feels. Someone as prideful as him, I'm afraid this fight won't end well.

I looked back at Vegeta and he does looked pissed.

Goki: Oh yeah.

Goki started to laugh nervously. Vegeta clenched his hands and looked down at the announcer.

Vegeta: The rule is we can't touch the barrier, right?

Announcer: Uh... Yeah?

Vegeta smiled and looked at Magetta.

Vegeta: That works.

Vegeta extended his arms and a yellow aura surrounded him. I felt the entire planet start to shake. Sparks of Vegeta's energy hit the arena, destroying some of the tiles. Magetta shot out more lava, but Vegeta's energy pushed it back. The barrier around the arena started to crack.

Vegeta: Final Flash!

Vegeta launched his Final Flash at Magetta. Magetta put his hands up, trying to block the Final Flash. Magetta got pushed to the edge. Vegeta put more energy into his Final Flash, causing the barrier to shatter into pieces. The pieces got sent flying in all directions. I stood up and blocked some of the shards.

(Y/N): Vegeta didn't need to go this far!

Piccolo: Have you met Vegeta?

Vegeta stopped his Final Flash and rushed at Magetta.

Vegeta: Get off the stage, you pathetic pile of junk!

Vegeta punched at Magetta off the arena, destroying some of the arena under him. Magetta fell down to the ground.

Announcer: Magetta is out of bounds, making Vegeta the winner!

Goki: Great job Vegeta!

(Y/N): I hope no one got hit by some stray shards of glass.

I looked over at Monaka and he has glass shards all around him sticking to his seat. He isn't blink at all, did he even flinch?!

Piccolo: Whoa. He stayed perfectly still and didn't react.

Goki: He's really no slouch! I guess he doesn't have to worry since he's the strongest!

I sat back down and sighed. Just two more contenders from Universe 6 and then I can go back home and get some sleep.

Whis: The next match will start in a moment. Me and my sister will have to repair the fighting arena.

Whis smiled and flew over to the arena. You gotta be kidding me. I picked up my water bottle and took a drink from it. I saw Goki walking up to me and sat down next to me.

Goki: Have you noticed that the metal guy has been crying?

(Y/N): What?

I looked over at where the Universe 6 fighters are and saw Magetta crying. Whis flew back over and sat back down.

Whis: Magetta and his race have very sensitive hearts. Say one mean thing and they lose their will to fight.

Goki: Awwww. I feel bad for him. He's just a big softy in all that metal skin.

(Y/N): Kind of ironic. The one with thick skin's weakness is insults.

Announcer: Now it's time for our next match. Cabba the Saiyan from Universe 6!

Cabba stood up and jumped down. He landed and looked at Vegeta.

Vegeta: I've been waiting to fight you.

Cabba got into a battle stance that reminds me of Vegeta's old fighting stance. Vegeta smirked and crossed his arms. Time to see what a Universe 6 saiyan can do.

(Chapter 21 end)