Chapter 55

(Goki's POV)

Jiren: You should be grateful that he took that blast for you two. No matter how many weaklings gather, against absolute strength, it's pointless.

Vegeta: That confidence pisses me off!

Vegeta started to scream as a small bit of ki surrounded his body. His ki turned yellow as he was about to turn into Super Saiyan, but he stayed in his base form.

Jiren: Are you not going to transform?

Crap! Vegeta doesn't even have enough energy to turn into a Super Saiyan!

Vegeta: Hmmp! I don't need a transformation to defeat you!

Vegeta dashed forward at Jiren and tried to punch him. Jiren blocked Vegeta's punch and punched him in the face, bruising his eye. Vegeta stumbled back, but managed to stay on his feet. Vegeta brought his hands out and started to charge up his Final Flash.

Jiren: It's futile. Throw yourself off the stage.

Vegeta: Shut up! Final Flash!

He launched his attack at Jiren, but he swatted the blast away. Jiren dashed at Vegeta and started to punch him over and over again. Vegeta grunted out in pain. He managed to grab onto Jiren's arm and tried to throw Jiren over his shoulder.

Vegeta: I'll show you how much of a fight I can still put up!

Vegeta failed to budge Jiren. Jiren got his arm free and punched Vegeta in the gut. Vegeta gasped out some blood as he stumbled backward.

Jiren: Stop this pointless fighting. Just fall off the arena.

Vegeta: I... Won't fail my universe! I'm fighting for more than myself!

Vegeta dashed at Jiren again. Jiren scoffed and punched Vegeta really hard in his face. Vegeta got knocked back and flew out of the arena.

Goki: Vegeta!

Crap! He doesn't have energy to make it back. I watched as he slowly fall down. I can see tears coming out of his eyes and he pointed his hand towards me and a small ball of energy flew towards me. It came into contact with me and I get a huge surge of energy go through my body.

Vegeta: I did it for Bulma, Trunks, Bulla. My promise to Cabba... Kakarotta... I trust you with my promise to them and to finish Jiren off.

I stood up and stared at Jiren. I clenched my hand into a fist.

Goki: You got it Vegeta! I won't let you down!

I powered up into Super Saiyan Blue. I quickly looked over and saw Vegeta appear in the bleachers and was given a senzu bean, healing his wounds. I put my attention back at Jiren.

Grand Priest: Vegeta of Universe 7 has been eliminated.

I got ready to fight Jiren once more. Jiren stared at me.

Jiren: I still can't understand it. Why put all their faith in you?

Goki: You sound very confident in yourself.

I dashed forward at Jiren and tried to punch him, but he ducked under my punch. He tried to punch and kick me back, but I managed to block his strikes. I blocked a kick from him, but the force still knocked me back. I quickly jumped forward at Jiren, but quickly jumped to the side and started to shoot several ki balls at him. Jiren put his arms up to block the balls, making smoke cover him. He dashed out of the smoke and tried to punch me.

Goki: I got you!

I quickly used Instant Transmission to get behind Jiren and tried to punch him in the back of his head. Jiren quickly elbowed me in the gut, making me gasp out in pain. He punched me in the face, sending me back and making me crash into some rock. I slowly got up and powered down from Super Saiyan Blue. I looked ahead and saw Jiren standing there, looking at me.