No. 1

|Narrator pov|

The petite figure of the strawberry blonde haired girl was found sat on a yellow blanket at the park

The petite figure of the strawberry blonde haired girl was found sat on a yellow blanket at the park. Her crystal blue eyes were fixed on the book she held to her face. Her doe eyes eagerly traced the pattern of the horizontal rows of words on the book, reading each word diligently as she was nearing the end of her book.

She read the last sentence aloud before closing the book and laying back on the blanket.

She smiled at herself, thinking about the book's ending. It had been her third time reading it, but it still brought her joy.

She found peace and comfort in the ending, knowing that people don't always get happy endings and that it's okay.

She looked up at the sky, admiring the cotton candy clouds that were painted in pinks and purples.

She closed her eyes, reminiscing on the not so happy moments of her life.

She cringed at the memory of her breaking her wrist while playing football. She held her wrist, remembering the pain she was in. Her mind lingered on the memory, thinking about the way her best friend held her hand as she cried. He had said sorry about a million times; he blamed himself for making her try out for the football team.

Soon the memory was no longer a sad one, it was a funny one. Because of her accident, her best friend promised to do everything for her. She - in no way- blamed her best friend for what had happened. She was always an active girl, wanting to learn new things and sports. She understood that accidents were bound to happen.

The next not so happy memory that clouded her thoughts was the memory of losing her grandfather to cancer.

It was at that time in her life that she needed her best friend the most. So she called him, hoping to hear his kind voice to calm her aching heart from her loss. But the call immediately went to voicemail.

Hayes Grier, her best friend, was a social media star. He was, at that time, on tour with the rest of his MAGCON buddies.

To her, he was just her best friend whom she'd grown up with since their parents were best friends. Unfortunately, Hayes was touring and his family had moved states.

She and Hayes had went from talking on the phone for hours, to not speaking to each other for three months.

She called once more, and he answered. She told him what had happened, allowing herself to become vulnerable before Hayes. She cried to him; she was hurting. Hoping to hear some comforting words, like he'd normally do, Hayes finally spoke. His response was a simple 'okay'. She was left speechless and he told her he was busy before hanging up.

It had been a year and four month since she last spoke to Hayes. She was still hurt. She lost her grandfather and her best friend.

She shed a single tear, quickly wiping her cheek before sitting back up.

"Happy endings aren't for everyone." She thought.

a.n.

Rewriting :)