No. 2

| Camila POV |

| Camila POV |

"Cam!" My mother's voice waking me up from my peaceful sleep. "Wake up!" I groan, shifting under the sheets and allowing my self to fall further into the comfort of my bed.

Running footsteps are heard coming up the stairs, but I ignore them as I know my mother was probably on her way up to shout in my ear.

My bedroom door is busted open and the covers that kept my body warm were pulled off me, leaving me a shivering mess on my bed as the cold air hits my body.

"Wake up, Cam!" My mother repeats for the second time. "We're gonna be late." She adds before storming out the room with a slam of the door.

After stretching my arms and rolling around in bed for some extra strength, I make my way to the bathroom. Playing my morning playlist, I happily sing in the shower and after the shower as I get dressed for the day.

Changed into black leggings, a knit sweater and black Docs over my white knit socks, I skip down the stairs with a happy smile on my face.

Taking a seat on the island chairs, I flash my mother an innocent smile- the complete opposite of what I gave her this morning when she woke me up.

"Good morning." She smiled back at me as she poured me a bowl of cereal with some milk. The toast popped out the toaster and mother spread some jam on it before placing it on a plate next to my cereal.

After sharing a few words with each other, it was time for me to leave. I gave her a peck on the cheek before walking to school.

_

As I walk through the school doors, the bell rings and the hall was filled with students trying to push past each other to get to their first period.

I push through the crowd, trying my best to get to my locker as quickly as possible. Switching the duffle bag on my shoulder with a French book in my hand, I lock my locker and head to my first period.

The late bell rings and I sigh.

I should have woken up the first time mom called me.

I walk through the empty halls and find myself walking into my French class.

Mr.Levine gives me the you-are-late-and-I-am-disappointed look and I give him an apologetic smile before heading to my seat.

"Hey." My friend, Max, whispers as I take the notebook out my bag.

"Hey." I reply.

"There's a new kid at school." He whispers into my ear.

"Where?" The curiosity within my builds, eager to see the new kid's face.

"One seat behind you on your right." He whispers. "But don't look now, he's staring." Just as the words left his lips, my head whips around, eyes landing on the boy on my right.