No. 5

| Camila's pov |

| Camila's pov |

9:36 am

"Cam, honey! Don't forget about Christmas shopping with Max!" Mom makes sure she is extra loud as she walks into my room. She's gone with my dirty laundry before I sit up on my bed and stretch out.

After a warm bath, I dress warm for my day before I find myself on the kitchen counter, munching on some cereal.

My dad catches my attention as I scroll through my social media account and I put my phone away to meet his bright smile.

"Good morning." I say with a just as bright as his. "Your not going to work?"

"No, I took an early vacation." He says.

"Are we still going to grandma's for Christmas?" I ask, but frown when he shakes his head.

"No, we made plans with the Grier's."

"For Christmas?" I ask, brows arching up at the sudden news, but his response is quite different from mine as he smiles with a soft nod.

"Isn't that great? You get to spend with Christmas with Hayes- and New Years!" He exclaimed with excitement- yet the tone of his voice hints at a bit of sarcasm.

I never told my parents about Hayes and I not being best friends anymore. I didn't want them to worry and get the family involved to create a big mess.

So, I put on a fake smile and try my hardest not to wince when I cheer happily. Dad only laughs, eyes falling into crescents with joy at my response.

"Come on! You could do better then that. I guess you're not up for an acting career."

"What are you talking about?" I pout, head tilted in confusion.

"I know everything that's happened." He says with one eyebrow raised.

"Like?" I question.

"You and Hayes aren't best friends anymore because when he was on tour he shut you out." He says as bluntly as possible, catching my by surprise.

"H-how do you know that?" I gasp.

"You took down all the pictures of Hayes, didn't like to talk about him, and you acted emo." He shrugs.

Although he's right- I did all those things- I still don't believe that's how he knows. So, I arch a brow up, staring into his eyes for the real truth.

He finally gave in and said, "And Liz told your mom."

"Who told Liz," I ask, curiosity eating at my stomach.

"Nash." He confirms. "And you told Nash that day you weren't feeling good. But you weren't feeling good because Hayes was here."

I smile at my dad as he was the first man I love. "You're clever, dad."