No. 16

> Camila's pov

_
Friday : three minutes before the dance

"Come on ." Taylor , kris , and Cassie yell . "We're late ."

"Sorry ." I laugh . I grab my phone and we walk down the stairs .

"You guys look beautiful ." Taylor's mom smiles .

"Thank you ." We all smile .

"Wait . One picture please ." She smiles .

"Mom !" Taylor says . "We're going to be late ."

"Please ." She pleads .

"Alright ." Taylor say . We all smile and her mom takes a picture of all four of us . After , we get in the car and her mom drives us . We were all going to sleep over Taylor's house because her parents weren't going to be home . Max's dad is driving us back to Taylor's house after .

When we walk inside the gym , we start looking for our dates . We stand by the entrance and look around . My eyes meet Hayes' . He's standing by the snack table alone .

What ? He said he wasn't coming . Why would he lie ? Does he have a date ? But he never asked anyone to the dance . He looks amazing by the way !

He gives me a quick smile and Klaryssa walks up to him . They hug and Klaryssa grabs his hand and pulls him to the dance floor .

"Hey ." Jack smile . I smile at him and we hug . "You look amazing ."

"Thank you . You look great ." I smile .

"Let's go dance ?"

"Sure ."

We all walk thru the crowd of teenager , movie their bodies to the music . We danced and our bodies touched as we let loose and enjoyed ourselves .

I look around and see Hayes and Klaryssa dancing . Anger swirled within me . My jaw clenched and my eyes could burn holes through Klaryssa . I didn't hate Klaryssa . I was just jealous . Hayes looked happy . He was having fun with her .

"You okay ?" Jack asks . I look away and look at Jack . I smile and nod .

He smiles and puts his hands on my waist , pulling me closer . I move my hips to the music and throw my arms in the air .

A slow song starts and I put my arms around Jack .

"Can I ?" Someone clears their throat . I look to see and it's Hayes .

"Umm ." Jack looks at me and back at Hayes . "Sure ."

Hayes thanks him and he puts his hands on my waist . I wrap my arms around his neck . I look for Jack and he's dancing with Klaryssa .

"I thought you weren't coming ." I say .

"I decided to come with Klaryssa ."

"She great, Isn't she ? Pretty , nice and all ."

"Jealous ?" He smirks . I look at him and roll my eyes .

"Absolutely not ." I chuckle . Yes I am . Very jealous .

"How's your date ?" Hayes asks . "Looks like you're having fun ."

"I'm having a great time ."

"Are you happy with him ?"

"I'm not with him . He's just a friend . But I am having a fun time here with him ."

"Would you get with him ?"

"Why are you suddenly so interested in Jack and I , Hayes ?" I ask . "It's not like you care anyways ."

"I do-" Hayes is cut off by Klaryssa .

"I'm sorry to inturupt ." She says .

"No , it's fine ." I smile . "You look pretty Klaryssa ."

"Aww , thank you . You look beautiful too ." She smiles . She grabs Hayes hand and they walk off . Hayes stares at me with a sympathetic look before he disappears into the crowd .

"Let's go get some punch ." Taylor walks up to me with Max . I nod and we walk to the snack bar . I fill up a cup with punch juice and chug it all .

"This is sour ." I say in disgust . But I'm too thirsty to care . I fill it up again and again and again until I'm full .

My veins heat up and I feel a sudden rush .

"Are you okay ?" Max asks me .

"I'm great !" I smile . "Let's go dance !"

_
Next morning

I wake up to a terrible head-ace . I quickly get out of bed and run in the bathroom . I lift the toilet seat and puke .

Taylor runs in and grabs all of my hair . She moves it out of the way and rubs my back .

When I finally stop puking , I wash my face and brush my teeth . I lay back in bed and Taylor walk in the room with an Advil and a glass of water . I take the pill and drink the water .

My head starts to feel better and Tay and I walk downstairs . We sit on the couch .

"What happened last night ?" I ask . I'm scared of what she'll tell me. I don't remember much of last night.

"You got drunk ." Taylor laughs . Hopefully I didn't do anything stupid.

"How ?" I quickly ask . "Did I do anything stupid ?"

"Well , the seniors put beer in the punch . And you were okay I guess . You and Jack were grinding on each other and then you tried to make out with him but he stopped you and you got mad and you ran to the restroom to cry ." She laughs .

"Oh my goodness ." I laugh , covering my eyes .

"Then your mascara was running so you thought you were a clown and then you did a Miranda Sings lipstick ." We both laugh and she continues . "And after we fixed your makeup , we were just dancing the whole night and you had fun . Then you knocked out in the car ride home and Max had to carry you in ."

"Oh god ." I laugh . "I'm just glad nothing bad happened ."

"Yeah ." She smiles . We get up and head to the kitchen to make breakfast . I decide to call my mom and tell her that I'm fine .

After I call her , everyone was awake and we eat the breakfast Taylor made .

"It's funny how out of all of us , you were the one who got drunk ." Cassie laughs . We all laugh and I shake my head .

Taylor's phone goes off and she answers it without looking at it .

"Hello ?" She says . She smiles and puts it on speaker . "It's Hayes ." She mouths . We all quiet down .

"How's Camila ?" He asks . "Is she okay ?"

"Yeah , she's fine ." Taylor says . "She just got drunk last night ."

"I know Max told me . Did she mak- did anything bad like that happen ?"

"No , she wanted to make out with Jack but he stopped her before she could even give him a peck ."

"Oh ." Hayes sounds a bit disappointed . "I'm just glad she's okay ."

"Do you want me to tell her to call you or that you called ?" Taylor asks .

"No ! It's fine . Just wanted to check up on her ."

"Okay , bye Hayes ."

"Bye ." He hangs up and Taylor , Cassie , and kris yell .

"He cares !" Cassie yells .

I laugh and shake my head .

_