No. 14

> Camila's pov

_
1 week later

"Hey ," I hug Collin as I walk into school . "Wanna come over after school to work on the poster ?"

"Yeah !" He smiles . "Thanks for helping ."

"Anytime ." We walk down the hall and he gets to his locker . When I get to my locker , I hug Taylor and Max tight .

"I missed you guys ." I say . "I'll give you guys you're presents tomorrow after school ."

"Okay ." They smile . I put my things in my locker and Max and I walk to our first period . We walk in right when the bell rings and we take our seats .

"Hey ." Hayes tells Max , walking to his seat . Hayes gives me a smile and takes a seat .

"Sit not talking ?" Max asks .

"Barely a sentence ." I answer .

_
Lunch

We grab out food and walk back to our regular lunch table . The girls say hi and we talk about our break .

"Hey ." Enzo says , taking a seat with us and all the boys .

"Hi ." We all say .

The rest of the lunch we talk about break and we plan on meeting at Taylor's house to give presents .

_
After school

"Hey ." I smile at Collin . We walked to an arts and craft store and bought poster paper and paint . Then we walked home .

"Mom we're home ." I yell , walking in . Bruno runs to me from the kitchen and I bend down to hug him . "Hey buddy ." I say , kissing his head .

"You finally got a dog ." Collin says .

"Yeah , it was a Christmas present ." I say , handing Bruno to Collin . Collin takes him in his arms and plays with him . He puts him back down and we walk upstairs to my room and put our things down . Mom gives us food and we work on the poster outside .

"How long have you liked Cassie ?" I ask him .

"Like two months ago ." He says . "I knew I liked her when we were at the carnival in Mason Park ." I watch him as he talks about her . "We were on the ferris wheel and we just talked and laughed ." He smiles , remembering that day . "Something just clicked ."

I smile and continue painting . "You really like her ." I say . I wish someone would talk about me like that .

"I do ." He softly says . We paint the slogan on the poster and then decorate it . It looks really nice .

Cassie's a really lucky girl . I mean, Collin is a really sweet guy and I know he's going to make her feel special .

Dad walks out to the patio . "Hey Collin ." He smiles . "Haven't sen you in a longtime ."

"Hey sir . It's only been three months ." Collin smiles .

"Yeah , what are you guys working on ?" Dad asks .

"I'm going to ask Cassie to the New Year's dance ."

"Oh , you should buy her roses too ." Dad suggests .

"Yeah , that was actually Cam's idea ."

"Well have fun ." Dad smiles . He leaves and we continue painting .

"You think she'll say yes ?" Collin worriedly asks .

"I'm positive ." I smile . "I think she likes you back ."

"You really think so ?"

"Yeah , you're a great guy . Any girl would be lucky to have a guy like you ."

"Thanks . So , what going on with you and Hayes ?" He asks . "Not being nosy or anything ."

"Uh ," I breath in . "Hayes and I were best friend . Then he left and he shut me out . Then my grandfather died and he didn't care . So when he came back , it wasn't the same because he never apologized and we're constantly fighting ."

"I thought you guys had a thing ."

I shake my head . "Nope ."

"Cam , you know we're always here for you right ?"

I smile and nod . "Yeah . Thanks ."

He nods and we finish decorating the poster . When we finish , mom serves us dinner and we watch a movie .

"My moms here ." He says, getting up .

"I'll walk you ." I smile . I walk him out to his car and say hi to his mom . "Hi Mrs. Edwards ."

"Hey Camila ."

"I'll by by tomorrow to pick him up ." I tell her . She says thank you and I give Collin a hug . They drive away and I walk back inside .

"Mom , we're all going to Tay's tomorrow ." I tell my mom .

"Okay ." She smiles . I walk up to my room with Bruno and do homework . I play music while I do homework .

"Let's go for a walk Bruno ." I say after I finish my homework . I grab a coat and grab Bruno's leash . "I'm taking Bruno out for a walk ." I tell mom .

"Okay , honey ." She says . I walk out and walk down the street with Bruno .

_
Nest morning : 7:10

"Mom let's go !" I yell , walking down the stairs . She walks out of the kitchen and we walk in the car .

"Good morning ." I say .

"Good morning ." She smiles . She clears her throat and says ,"So how are things going with Hayes ?"

"Umm ... They're okay. But we aren't really talking ." I shrug . I look out the window .

"Why not ?"

"We said some things and we just haven't talked ." I sigh .

"Are you okay ?"

"It's just , I don't expect an apology . I just miss him ."

"I hope everything turns out okay ." Mom smiles .

"Me too ." I say . I turn the volume up and listen to music . When we get to Collin's house , I get out of the car and knock on his door .

Collin walks out and hugs me . "Hey ." He smiles .

"Hey ." I say . He gets in the car and mom drives us to Starbucks first . Collin orders her favorite drink and the. Mom drives us to a flower shop . He buys her a bouquet of roses and mom takes us to school .

I text everyone to meet us in the gym . Kris is going to stall Cassie while we get everything set up .

When we get to school , Collin and I head straight to the gym . "Hey !" Everyone says when we walk in . We open the poster and we hold it open . I get a text from kris saying they're going to be here any second .

"They'll be here any second ." I say . Everyone is excited for Collin . A few seconds later , kris walks in with Cassie . She's recording it and so is Hayes for Collin .

When Cassie reads the poster , she gasps and covers her mouth with her hands . She laughs and runs into Collins arms . He picks her up and spins her around .

"Yes !" She smiles . She kisses his cheeks and the girls aww's , while the boys say ,"Get some ."

We all laugh and Collin and Cassie take a picture next to the poster . We fold the poster and give it to Cassie .

"Thanks guys ." She smiles . We all hug her and the bell rings . We all go to our lockers and put our things away . Max , hayes , and I walk to our first period .

_