No. 29

> Camila's pov

June 7th// 6:20 pm

After dinner, my parents left to there room while I got stuck doing the dishes. You know, they should be doing the dishes. They want to keep me happy and this defiantly is not fun.

"I hate doing the dishes." I tell Bruno, who is sitting on the ground. He barks at me and I smile.

For the past week, I've been thinking about the phone call. My parents haven't had time to check the voice mail but I'm sure they'll get another call.

Why would they get a call from adoption agencies? And they requested for the agent not to call the home phone? Why?

I finish the dishes and race upstairs to call Hayes. I walk by my parents room and hear sobbing. I stand next to the closed door and try to listen.

Come on Camila. You shouldn't do this. It's bad. They'll tell you when you're ready. But I have to!

"I can't believe it." My mom sobs.

"I know." My dad sounds shocked. "How is it possible? I thought this day would never come."

What can't they believe?

"I don't care how it happened."Mom sobs harder. "Oh my god. How are we going to tell Camila?"

"We'll tell her soon. But with Hayes' birthday tomorrow and her birthday in a week, we cannot tell her just yet."

"We don't have much time. They'll come one of these days." My mom sounds scared. But who's coming?!

I slowly walk to my room, making sure not to make noise. I turn the tv on and watch tv, but all I can focus on is the phone call and my parents.

_
June 8th// Hayes' birthday

4:56pm

Early this morning, Chad picked Hayes and Nash up so they can "go out". But it was really a distracting so we can set up last minute decorations and for everyone to get here.

By now, everyone is here and Chad should be here any minute with Hayes and Nash. It's only family and a couple of Hayes' closest friends.

"They're here." Liz half yells half whispers. We hide behind trees, tables, chairs, and bushes. We hear twigs snap and once Hayes comes to view, we all jump out and yell,"Surprise!"

Hayes jumps back with his hand over his heart. "Are you trying to kill me?" He chuckles. We all laugh and everyone hugs him, telling him 'happy birthday'.

"Happy birthday." I smile, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Why thank you baby." He smirks. He kisses me softly. "So, I don't know about you, but I'm pretty hungry."

I laugh and take his hand, leading him to the food table. Hayes and I both grab pizza, chicken tots, and fries. We take a seat with the rest of Hayes' friends and we eat.

An hour later, we get ready to get on the boat. It's Taylor, kris, Cassie, Klaryssa, Max, Enzo, Collin, Stephan, Nash, Tez, Hayes and I. We get on the boat and Nash drives to the middle of the lake. We jump off the boat and chase each other, trying to splash one another.

"Where's Hayes?" I ask Klaryssa, who's next to me.

"I'm not sure." She says. All of a sudden, someone grabs my waist and lifts me up. I squeal and laugh when I see it's Hayes.

"Got you." He smirks, pulling me back in the water. I wrap my legs around his waist and he carries me around.

After two hours of tubing, water skiing and just chilling on the lake, we come back to the dock and dry off.

_
10:00 pm

"This is my gift." I say, handing him a small box.

We just got back to Hayes' house and my parents are downstairs talking with Liz and John.

"Camila you didn't have to." He says.

"I wanted to." He smiles and opens the lid. He pulls out a blanket. It's a white nit blanket with baby blue zig-zag lines. Then he pulls out eight passes to paintball.

"Thanks so much." He says, kissing my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smile.

_