No. 15

> Camil's pov

_
After school

When we arrive at Taylor's house , we all run upstairs to her room . We throw our backpacks in the corner of her room and sit in a circle in the middle of her room .

"I'm hungry ." Collin whines .

"Me too ." Everyone else says at the same time . We all look at each other and laugh .

"I'll order pizza ." Tay says , calling Pizza Hut . Everyone goes quiet when she orders the pizza . When Tay hangs up , we start talking again .

"Let's go play ping pong ." Enzo suggests . We all agree and walk to Tay's den .

"Did you see the new girl ?" Kris asks .

"There's a new girl ?" Tay and I ask . We smile and look at each other laughing .

Kris nods . "Yeah , she's in our first period ." Max says .

"Really ?" I scrunch my eyebrows and try to remember if I met this new girl .

"Her name is Klaryssa ." Hayes said . I make eye contact with him and he looks away .

"Hayes would know ." Enzo smirks . "He was talking to her ."

"Yeah . She's really nice ." Hayes says .

"And hot ." Enzo smirks . All the boys-except Collin-smirk and chuckle .

I roll my eyes and grab a ping pong paddle . Max grabs one too and we go head to head . We play one round and I lose , so Max played with Collin .

When the pizza arrives , Tay and I go get the boxes and the chicken wings . We call everyone into the living room and we eat there while we listen to music .

_
8:07 pm

Right now , we are just talking about funny or old memories while we lay on Taylor's couch .

Hayes and I have said a few word to each other but nothing big . It wasn't much of a surprise that he talked to me because he kinda has to .

"What's the stupidest thing Camila has done ?" Collin laughs . Everyone laughs and I just shake my head.

"There are to many ." Max laughs .

"Shut up ." I smile, throwing a pillow at him .

"I think it was that one day where we went to the beach-" Enzo is interrupted by everyone laughing and rolling on the ground . I laugh too while Hayes just stares at them with a smile .

I'm a pretty stupid person . Not like I'm dumb but it's more like I'm clumsy . Or something like that .

"Like I was saying , before I was rudely interrupted ." Enzo says . "It just wasn't her day . Camila was blown away with an umbrella , she dropped her ice cream on herself , she was bit by a crab , she fell of the bicycle thing ."

"That day was so much fun ." Kris laughs . We all nod and talk about that day and my stupid accidents .

I glanced at Hayes who was being quiet . He just looked down at his hands as we laughed at the memories together .

His eyebrows were scrunched , he was bitting his bottom lip , his jaw was clenched . He was looking down a his hands , fiddling around with his fingers .

"Hayes ." Max calls , causing Hayes to look up . Hayes' eyes meet mine and I give him a small smile . He smiles back and looks away . "You okay buddy ?"

"Yeah ." Hayes fake smiles . Max nods and Hayes looks at me . I look away and my phone rings .

It was my mom . I tell everyone to be quiet and I answer . She tells me she's waiting outside and she is giving Hayes a ride home . I grab my things and tell Hayes we are leaving . We say good bye to everyone and my mom drives us home .

At home , I do my homework and just watch Netflix and play with Bruno .

_
Next morning : first period

We had a sub , so it was practically a free period . What sucks is that Max was absent , so it was going to be a long period . I decided to talk to the new girl because she was sitting alone and I wanted to be nice . I got out of my seat and sat next to her .

"Hey ." I smile at her . "I'm Camila ."

"I'm Klaryssa ." She smiles back with a bit of shyness in her tone .

"Where did you come from ?" I ask .

We have a conversation and I try to get to know her . She's really nice but she's shy . It was a bit hard to talk to her because I was the only one trying to get to know her . But as soon as we talked about a subject that we were both interested in , we were laughing and talking .

"Is Hayes your boyfriend ?" Klaryssa points at Hayes and I look at him . His eyes meet mine an he quickly turns around .

I shake my head . "No , he's just a friend ." I say . She nods . "Why ? Are you interested in him ?" I fake a smile . I was just curious . I mean , I wouldn't be surprised if she did like him . Who wouldn't ? He he's Hayes fucking Grier for god sakes .

She laughs and shakes her head . "No , he's nice but I don't think he's my type ."

We talk about boys and then I ask her if she wants to hang out with me at lunch . But she rejects my offer and says she has friends and she thanks me . Before we leave for the next period , we exchange number .

_
Lunch

"You're not going ?!" Taylor says loudly .

"No ." I shake my head . I grab a trey and we walk down the lunch line .

"You have to !" She say . "It's the last dance of the year ."

"There is always next year ." I shrug . I grab yogurt , strawberries and a water . I pay for my lunch and Tay does too .

"Please , we're all going ." She pleads .

"You all have dates . It's going to be weird when you guys are dancing and I'll just be standing there dateless ."

"It's only Tuesday and the dance is on Friday ." She says . "It's not to late to ask ."

"I don-" I'm cut off by Taylor .

"Camila ." She says .

"Alright ." I sigh . We take a seat at our usual table and everyone is already there .

"Guys , Hayes isn't going ." Collin says .

"Why not ?" Taylor asks . Hayes is asked many questions as to why he isn't going and he tries to make up an excuse .

Everyone soon stops talking and they look at me . I scrunch my eyebrows and there is a tap on my shoulder . I turn around and I see Jack Dawn with a rose in his hand .

(A/n : Jack Dawn is played by Jack Harries when he was younger )

"Will you go to the dance with me ?" He nervously asks . I've known Jack since sixth grade . He's that kind of guy you know for a long time but aren't really friends . But he's a really nice guy . We always talk in my seventh period and we've become friends .

I don't know if i should go. I really don't want to go with him. I want to go with Hayes. But I don't expect Hayes to ask me to the dance. And besides I don't want to be dateless.

I smile . "Yes ." I get up and hug him . Everyone aw's and claps . He gives me the rose and we exchange numbers . He walks away with his friends . I sit back down and everyone smirks at me .

"Jack is so hot ." Kris whines . "Camila you are so lucky ."

"Since when are you and Jack a couple ?" Hayes asks annoyed . His jaw is clenched and his nostrils flare .

"We're not ." I say . "He's a friend ."

"Last time I checked , friends don't lie to each other ." Hayes snaps . He's referring to the time when Jack blamed Hayes for breaking my iPod when it was Jack who broke it .

"Last time I checked , friends don't abandon the other when they're in need ." I snap . A flash of guilt crosses Hayes' eyes and he stays quiet . Everyone else does too and I get up and leave .

_