No. 27

> Camila's pov

"Alright." Dad groans. "Your old man's ready to go." Dad puts his arms around my shoulder and I hug him.

"Okay." I smile. We grab our things and take our shoes off. We return them to the shoe area and we start walking out.

A group of girls in the bowling ally start pointing and giggling at a different direction. I look at where they are pointing and see Hayes and Klaryssa. They're bowling too.

Hayes strike out and he starts laughing and jumping around. He walks in front of Klaryssa and puts his hand in the air for her to high five him. She high fives him and he starts running around, cheering. Klaryssa laughs and shakes her head. He runs back to her and picks her up over his shoulder. She laughs, hitting his back for him to put her down. He puts her down and he laughs.

I know I said it wasn't jealousy but this is different. Is it? I don't know. I don't know but I feel jealous.

The group of girls all walk towards Hayes and Klaryssa and they start taking pictures.

My parents and I walk out of the bowling alley and get in the car to get back home. My parents didn't see Hayes, at least I hope not.

"What do you want to eat. We'll eat out tonight." Dad says.

"Chipotle." Mom and I say at the same time. I laugh and dad shakes his head.

"Okay. Chipotle it is." Dad says.

_
7:29 pm

I'm in my backyard, playing with Bruno. It's cold but I don't mind. Bruno is keeping me warm by chasing after me. I start getting tired so I throw his toy and he chases after it. I take a seat on the ground and he runs back to me with the toy in his mouth. I take it from him and throw it again.

I hear the patio door behind my open and close. "Hey." I hear Hayes' voice.

"Hi." I smile. He sits next to me and Bruno runs back. I throw his toy again. "Did you have fun?"

"Yeah, we went bowling." He smiles.

"Me too." I say. "I saw you guys."

"Really? Why didn't you join us?"

"We were leaving when I saw you guys."

"Oh." He nods. There's a moment of silence before Hayes breaks it. "Are you okay?"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You seem concentrate on something else lately. Since Friday you seem kinda down or worried."

"I'm fine." I answer, throwing Bruno's toy.

"Come on." He insists.

"I've just been thinking a lot." I start. "That's it." I shrug.

"About what?"

I sigh. "I've been things about what would happen if you go on tour again. And it got me to think that you're going to leave to tour again and forget about me. And you'll find some who you like more than me because I'm normal."

"Camila," he sighs, hugging me. "Nothing's going to change between us if I leave."

"Hayes you're not God. You don't know the future." I wiggle out of his embrace.

I don't know why but I'm just mad. I don't know if it's because I saw him and klaryssa having fun.

"I know I'm not, but you're going to have to trust me that things won't change. I promise." He says softly.

"I've heard that promise before." I snap. I stand up and whistle for Bruno to follow me. I walk inside my house and head to my room, leaving Hayes in my backyard. I lay on my bed and put on some music while I think.

Am I overreacting? Ugh! I don't know what I'm doing.

"Camila, can I come in?" Hayes opens the door and pokes his head in. I make eye contact with him and nod. He sits on my bed in front of me.

"I'm sorry for not being there when you most needed me. I'm sorry for being the worst best friend ever, and I'm a big jerk. But I promise," Hayes takes my hand in his and says,"things won't change between us. If I go to another tour, I'll take you with me. And if you don't go, things won't change. I'll make sure of that. Because I don't want to hurt you ever again. You mean everything to me and I don't want you to leave me."

A tear slips from my eye and he quickly wipes it with his thumb. His knuckles brush against my cheek. "Things won't change." He whispers.

"How do you know?" I softly cry.

"Because my love for you is forever."

A smile escapes my lips and he kisses my forehead. "I love you." I whisper in his ear.

"I love you more."

"I love you most."

"Impossible."

_