No. 28

> Camila's pov

_
Five months later// June 2nd

"Just two more days, Camila." Hayes says, pulling my bed sheets off me.

I groan and open my eye, staring at this beautiful boy whom I love so much. "What time is it?" I ask. I get out of bed and head towards the bathroom, Hayes trailing behind me.

"It's seven sharp." He says. I stand in front of my sink and brunch my teeth and wash my face.

After washing my face, I curl my eyelashes and apply mascara and put on my eos lip bam so my lips are moisturized.

"Damn you're hot." Hayes mumbles. He bits his bottom lip, staring at my lips. A smirk plays on my lips and I lean in.

"What did you say?" I ask, my lips brushing his.

"You're such a tease." He chuckles, pulling my on top of the sink. He places his hands on my thighs and I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him so our lips collide.

He kisses me softly, absorbing my peppermint flavored lip bam. I still get that zoo inside of me when he touches me, kisses me, smiles at me, just when he's around me.

I break the kiss when I reach for air. "You should get changed before your mom suspects anything." He says.

I nod and I jump of the sink. "Go wait in the hall." I say, picking out an outfit.

"Do I have to?" He whines. I laugh and nod.

"Yes." I smile.

He smiles and walks out of my room. I quickly change and reapply my lip bam. I grab my backpack and phone and walk out the room.

Hayes and I walk downstairs to the kitchen. " I made breakfast." Mom smiles at me.

"Really?" I ask. Hayes and I take a seat at the island and my mom puts our breakfast in front of us.

"Yeah, your favorite." She smiles.

"Wow. Thanks mom." I say, eating my food.

"Do you need a ride to school? I can take you guys?" She asks, all to quickly.

I stare at her strangely and she's got a scared look or maybe anxious look. You know that look someone has when they're trying so hard for you to like them or that look they get when you want someone not to be mad at you? That's exactly the look my mom has.

"No, we're fine." I say. "Thanks."

"Alright." She smiles, grabbing her purse. "I'll leave to work now."

"Okay. Bye. I love you." I wave.

She walks up to my and kisses my cheek. "I love you Camila." She says. I smile. "Bye Hayes."

Hayes waves bye and she walks out. We continue eating our breakfast until I know she's gone.

"Did you see that?" I ask Hayes.

"What?" He asks.

"My mom. She's acting weird. She has been for a week now. So has my dad."

"She wasn't acting weird. She was being really nice."

"Yeah! She never makes me my favorite breakfast. Only when she has something to tell me or on special occasions. And she offered to give us a ride. And looked nervous too."

"Maybe she's got a surprise for you. It's you're birthday in a week and three days."

"I don't know." I shrug. I put my plate in the sink and so does Hayes.

"Come on. Where're gonna be late." He takes my hand and we walk to school together.

_
5:28 pm

"So why do you think your parents are hiding something?" Hayes asks.

After school we went to Starbucks and headed home. We finished out homework and now we're just laying on the couch watching tv.

"They're just so secretive. They're always on the phone, whispering to each other and they've been spending lots of time in their room." I answer.

"And it's weird for a couple to spend time in a room. Together?" Hayes cocks an eyebrow.

I playfully slap his chest and he chuckles. "I just have this-" I'm cut off by the home phone ringing. Hayes and I stop talking and wait for it to go to voice mail.

"Hello, Mrs. And Mr.Matthews. This is Mrs. Revers from Foster families and Adoption agencies. I'm sorry for calling you at your home phone after you requested not to, but it's urgent. Please give me a call back. Good bye." The lady by the name of Mrs.Revers says. I stare at Hayes and scrunch my eyebrows.

"Foster family and adoption agencies?" I ask Hayes.

_