No. 17

> Camila's pov

_
2:38 pm

"Let's go to the mall ." Cassie suggests . We all agree and grab our things and walk to the mall .

I text Max and tell him that he should meet up with us at the mall with all the boys . He tells me they'll be there .

"I told Max to meet us at the mall with the boys ." I tell the girls .

"You just want to see Hayes ." Kris smirks .

"Shut up ." I smile , knowing it's true . "Hayes isn't even going to be there . He stayed home with his family ."

"You would know ." Taylor laughs .

"Max told me ." I say .

We get to the mall and we head to the food court to meet the boys . From there we walk around the stores and buy a couple things .

"Camila !" I hear a familiar voice . I look around and see Nash and Cameron . I smile and walk towards them .

"Hey ." I smile , hugging them both . "Why aren't you home ?"

"Why would I be at home ?" Nash asks .

"To spend time with your family ." I say . Nash looked confused . "Hayes said you guys were going to stay home all day . That's why he didn't come ."

"Hayes isn't home ." Nash seriously said . "He went out with some girl ."

"Oh ." I scrunch my eyebrows . "Well , I'll see you guys later ." I smile .

"Bye ." Cameron smiles . I hug him and say bye to Nash .

I walk back to Taylor . "Hayes blew us off to go out with some girl ."

"Really ?" Max asks .

"Yeah ." I sigh .

"Probably Klaryssa ." Collin says . "They talk more often ."

"Yeah ."

_
6:53 pm

As I walk back home from Taylor's house , I see Klaryssa walking on the other side of my street .

"Klaryssa !" I yell . She looks up and waves . She crosses the street and gives me a hug .

"Hey . What are you doing here ?" She asks .

"I live down the street . What are you doing here ?"

"No way . Hayes and I hung out today and I'm walking back home ."

"Oh ." I smile . "Well , I guess I'll see you on Monday ."

"Okay . See ya ." She smiles and gives me a hug .

We both walk away in different directions . When I get to the front of my house , I look across the street and see Hayes , Nash , and Cameron playing with a football in the front yard .

Nash looks at me and waves . I wave back and walk inside . "I'm home !" I yell . Bruno runs out of the kitchen and runs to me . "Hey baby ." I smile , bending down to kiss him .

"I'm in the kitchen ." My dad yells . I put my bags down and walk in the kitchen .

"Hey ." I hug him and he continues to make dinner . "Where's mom ?"

"She's over at Liz's . How was the dance ?"

"It was really fun . But I think the seniors are going to get in lots of trouble ."

"What did they do ?"

"They put beer in the punch ."

"Did you have any ?"

"I had some before they put the beer in ." I lie . Dad gives me a look and shakes his head .

"Are you sure ?"

I laugh . "Yes dad ."

"Alright ." He smiles . "Get changed . We're might go to the Grier's in an hour ."

"For what ?" I roll my eyes .

Dad laughs and says ,"I made my famous lasagna . Now , what is it with you and Hayes ?"

"He's a jerk . He lied to us and said that he was having a family day . When instead , he was out with a girl ."

"So you're mad because he lied or because you're jealous ?" Dad smirks .

"Dad ." My cheeks heat up . "I don't like Hayes ."

"Then why did your cheeks turn red ." He laughs .

"Ugh !"

Dad laughs and says ,"Okay ."

I smile and grab my bags . I walk upstairs to my room and shower .

After my shower , I change into something casual . I walk to the kitchen and find my mom and dad .

"Hi ." Mom smiles .

"Hello . Are we leaving ?"

"We're not going anymore . John and Liz had an errand to run ."

"Okay ." I smile , taking a seat . We eat our dinner together and after wards watch a movie .

_
1:48 am

I stayed up late trying to catch up on The Vampire Diaries . I just started season six .

I faintly hear the floor boards creak and I immediately shut my laptop and lay in bed . I pull the bed sheets over me and a second  later , my door opens . Then , it closes .

I wait a couple minutes until I sit up and turn the lamp on . I see my dad standing in front of the door with his arms folded .

"Dad !" I scream . I put my hand on my heart and breath hard . "You scared me ."

"I know you've been awake ." He laughs .

I smile . "Why are you up ?"

"Your mom and I have an emergency at work . You'll be home alone all day . If there's an emergency , Nash is just across the street ."

I nod . "Okay . I love you ."

"I love you too ." He smiles . "Try to get some sleep ." He says before he leaves the room . Before my dad fully shuts the door , Bruno runs in . He lays in my bed .

About ten minutes , my parents car backs out of the drive way and they drive off . I go back to watching TVD .

_
2:17 am

Bruno's head shoots up and he sits up . He starts growling and then he starts barking .

"Bruno ." I say angrily . He looks at me and continues to bark . "Stop ."

He stops and lays by my side . My laptop starts dying , so I turn it off and charge it . I hear a loud bang coming from the backyard . Bruno starts barking and jumps off the bed . He scratches on the door and I grab my phone . I open the door for him and he runs downstairs . I slowly walk downstairs and I see Bruno standing by the patio door . I take my phone out and get ready to call the police .

I stand in front of the patio door and look out . I see nothing out there . Bruno scratches on the door and I let him out . He runs out and he's out of my sight .

"Bruno !" I whisper . Bruno starts barking . "Bruno !"

I flip the switch for the patio light but they don't turn on . "Ahhhh !" I hear loud screams coming from the backyard .

_