Chapter 8: Sasuke's Plan

(Lily's P.O.V)

"You lose again, Sasuke. You'll never beat me, so quit trying."

I say to Sasuke as he's laying on the ground.

"I'm getting closer to beating you."

"You have gotten stronger I'll give you that. But you're nowhere near my level and that's a fact."

"Hn."

I smirk, knowing that I had won the argument. I jump up into a tree and sit on a branch and I look at the scenery.

'You can see for miles from up here.'

Sasuke jumps up into the tree and sits on a branch that's a little higher then mine.

"Lily, can I ask you something?"

Sasuke asks me.

"You just did, but go ahead."

Sasuke glares at me for a moment, then goes back to normal.

"Well, are you really a slave for Orochimaru? You don't seem like that type to follow orders like his."

"Well that's an interesting question. No I'm not, I would be insane if I was."

"Then why are you here?"

"I have my reasons."

Sasuke gives me a 'tell me' look.

*Sigh* "I owed them for saving me from the Akatsuki awhile back, but now I'm stuck here with them and can't leave."

"Why are you stuck?"

"That's not something you need to know. Why are you asking me all of these questions, Sasuke?"

"It's because I want you to join the team that I'm putting together."

I raise an eyebrow.

"Does that mean you're gonna kill Orochimaru and Kabuto?"

"Only Orochimaru. Kabuto is useless without him."

'So he's gonna kill Orochimaru, huh? Fine by me. I've hated him for a while, especially after what those two creeps did to me. Sasuke can help me become free. He must trust me quite a bit to tell me something like this.'

"You're lucky that I hate him and want him dead as well, otherwise you'd have a lot of trouble to deal with."

I smirk and Sasuke rolls his eyes.

"So, does that mean you'll join?''

"What do you think!? Geez, sometimes I wonder about you, Sasuke."

"Alright! You won't actually be in the team completely like the others. That way, if we run into trouble you won't get caught in it as well. Plus, I'll need you to do some spying stuff for me if that's alright with you."

"I'll do it. I mean, it's basically what I do now. It'll be easy!"

"Yeah it's basically the same, but you'll have the freedom and respect that you deserve."

'Freedom...'

"Sounds good. I'm in."

Sasuke smiles a genuine smile. He only smile like that around me.

"Great! Now let's get back to the hideout before Orochimaru starts looking for us."

I smile back at Sasuke.

"Yeah, let's go."

~

When we get back to the hideout, we see Kabuto in front of us.