Chapter 53: Spoiled Surprises

2 years later

(Lily's P.O.V)

"That's it I'm done, you win, Sasuke."

I say breathlessly as I plop onto the soft grass. Training with Sasuke is already tiring, but in this heat makes it ten times worse. 

"Already? What happened to the Lily who could beat me before I even blinked?"

Sasuke asks then tosses a bottle of water to me and I take a large drink.

"Oh she left when a certain someone got the rinnegan and could see her every move..."

Sasuke gives a small chuckle before sitting down next to me and I place my head on his shoulder. We stay like that without saying anything for a while until Sasuke breaks the silence.

"How much longer are you staying here?"

"I'm not sure, but sitting like this is very comfor-"

"No, not here as in sitting here. How long until you go back to the world you came from?"

 I could hear the sadness in his voice even though he tried to hide it. Instead of answering the question, I giggle.

"Hey why are you laughing? I'm being serious."

"Because it's a stupid question."

I stop laughing and take my head off of Sasuke's shoulder so I can look at his face.

"Sasuke, I'm not going anywhere. I'll stay here until you tell me to leave, well, maybe not even then."

"Really?"

I nod and Sasuke gives a smile. He stands up and holds out his hand. I place my hand in Sasuke's and he pulls my up.

"It's getting late, let's head back to town."

~

It's been almost a week since Sasuke asked if I was ever going to leave. Every time I think about it I can't help but laugh, which is exactly what I am doing right now while I'm walking around town. I get pulled out of my thoughts when I see a blob of pink and yellow running at me while yelling my name.

"Oh hey, Naruto, Sakura, What's up?"

"Hey Lily. Have you seen Sasuke? We thought he was with you since it seems like he never leaves you side."

Sakura asks while laughing at her joke.

"No I haven't, but he did say something about helping an old family friend. What do you need him for?"

"We planed on having the old team 7 get together for dinner tonight, but it looks like we'll have to put it off for another time. Is that okay, Naruto?"

"Hmm? Oh, yeah that's fine."

Naruto answers, but isn't paying much attention to our conversation and is staring in the direction of my left hand.

"Naruto, are you okay? You're being way too quiet. Did you say something stupid to Hinata to make her mad again?"

"No I didn't! And What do you mean by again? I've never done anything like that!"

He yells making both Sakura and I laugh.

"Well he's back to normal now."

Sakura says and I nod.

"Hey, Lily. Has Sasuke asked you anything weird sometime this week?"

"Weird?"

He nods and the only thing that comes to mind is when Sasuke asked if I was leaving."