Chapter 43: The All Knowing

(Lily's P.O.V)

"I can't believe Sasuke made me go all the way to the battlefield just to find out about that chakra we felt."

I complain as I make my way back to the Uchiha shrine.

"But..."

I grabbed the charm that's hanging on my neck.

"Having this makes me happy enough to forgive him this time."

Right before I left to go find out what was going on in the war, Sasuke pulled me off to the side and gave me a necklace with his clan's symbol on it. >AN: I have this necklace!< When he gave it to me all he said was that he wanted to make sure I'd be safe from other ninja since many fear the Uchiha's power. I don't know if I believe that or not, but I'd better get moving or else I'll miss everything.

~

When I get to the shrine I head in and as I walk down the dark hallway I start to hear the others. I get to the end of the hall and I see the others as well as the four previous Hokage. Deciding that I shouldn't interrupt them, I stay in the shadows and listen.

"Third Hokage, why did you make Itachi and Yuko do what they did?"

Sasuke asks.

"I...killed Itachi to avenge the Uchiha clan... Afterwards, I found out the truth from Tobi and Danzo, and leaned towards getting vengeance on Konoha. However, I want to hear it straight from you. Everything regarding Itachi and Yuko."

"So it has come to that, huh... At first, Yuko was the one who was supposed to convince your clan to change their minds, but they refused to listen. Once I found out that they wouldn't, I had to order Yuko to kill her own clan. When I told her that, she got furious and refused saying that she loves everyone in her clan too much to kill them. We had found a compromise. Yuko, who was the strongest in your clan, would leave the village in exchange for not killing the Uchiha's. By her leaving, the Uchiha's would not have enough strength to fight, so it would buy us a lot of time. After Yuko left Itachi started to show a lot of promise as a shinobi. Itachi always paid attention to the teachings of our predecessors that no one else cared about. He was a sensitive child who understood our village's past and our shinobi. And perhaps due to that, Itachi was never bound by the trappings of a clan. He was able to think ahead about the future of the village and shinobi. Even at the age of seven, Itachi thought exactly like a Hokage. We left everything to Itachi alone, and he executed his missions perfectly. He slaughtered all of his family to stop a revolt, he prevented a coming war all by himself, and he even infiltrated the Akatski as a spy to protect the village. On the condition that I protected you within the village."

The Third Hokage explains. Sasuke stays quite before mumbling something softly.

~

>AN: Sorry, but I'm skipping the explanation of the Uchiha's strong love, I'm too lazy to type all that out...<

'A clan possessed by evil? Uchiha's love is the reason for the sharingan? None of this makes any sense.'

"Tobirama, will you quit saying such things?! You're speaking to an innocent Uchiha child!"

"What's important is the village. I know that you know that too, big brother."

"It doesn't bother me. I am not innocent nor a child."

Sasuke cuts into the brothers argument while showing them his Mangekyou Sharingan to prove his words.

"First Hokage, I ask you this.. What does it mean to be a village? And what does it mean to be a shinobi? My brother, despite being used by Konoha, defended the village with his life. He died a proud Konoha Shinobi. So what exactly is this village that make someone strive to protect it even if it means killing their own family. Even if it meant their own death. I'll listen to your words and find out the truth. After that then I'll make my decision. Whether to have vengeance on Konoha...or..."

Before Sasuke could finish, Tobirama cuts him off.

"Vengeance on Konoha!? You evil Uchiha brat!"

Tobirama starts preparing for an attack and his brother does the same to stop him. I jump out from the shadows and land in front of Sasuke with my katana pulled out, ready to protect him. Tobirama stops what he was doing and Hashirama does the same.

"Heh heh, sorry about that!"

'Well that was interesting...'

I put my katana back in its sheath and I start to move off to the side.

"Wait, Yuko, is that you?!"

The Fourth Hokage, Minato asks. Once he asked that all eyes are on me.

"Wait, when did you get here?"

Suigetsu asks.

"A while, and Lord fourth, to answer your question, no, I'm not Yuko."

"Then you must be Lily if I'm not mistaken."

The Third Hokage says.

"How do you know my name?"

"Yuko told me about you the last time I saw her. Speaking of Yuko, where is she at, Sasuke?"

"She's dead... Itachi killed her right in front of me. She let him take her life."

Everyone was quiet for a moment before Hashirama started to speak.

"I don't mind telling you about the village, but it's going to take a lot of time."

"If possible, could you tell Sasuke everything he wants to know quickly? We don't have much time since we are in the middle of a war. Madara Uchiha has been revived and he intends to erase all the Shinobi in the world."

Orochimaru says and all of the Hokage look surprised.

"I do sense a powerful chakra so it doesn't seem to be a lie. We need to get to the battlefield!"

"Lord Second, all of you are under my control with the reanimation jutsu. If Sasuke wishes so, I may use all of you to destroy Konoha."

Tobirama tries to escape, Orochimaru keeps him still.

"Orochimaru, right? I shall prioritize the undoing the ill feelings that are binding this child. I do not know what Sasuke will do after hearing my story, but I know that if we ignore him now. He will become the next Madara."

Hashirama sits on the floor.

"Now where should I start..."