Chapter 32: Close Call

(Lily's P.O.V)

"Answer me! Who are you!?"

Kakashi asks as he continues to glare at me with his one visible eye.

'Think Lily, think! There must be some way out of this mess!'

"Well... I'm waiting."

He asks. I get an idea.

"I am Samui of the Hidden Cloud. The reason I know who you are is because you're famous. You're the Leaf's Copy Ninja. As soon as I saw your silver hair and how your headband is, I knew who you were. Now, can you please let go of my wrist so I can find my teammates?"

I answer plainly. Kakashi doesn't look convincend and is about to say something, but Sakura runs up to us.

"Kakashi-Sensei!!"

"What is it, Sakura?"

"Two ninja from the Cloud Village are beating up Naruto!"

Sakura tells us and Kakashi glares at me.

"What's the meaning of this?"

He asks and I just shrug.

"Don't ask me, ask her. Sakura, right?"

I ask and she nods.

"I'm Samui. Now please tell us what happened."

"They overheard us talking about... Sasuke. They came up and told us to tell them everything about Sasuke so they can kill him. But Naruto told them that he won't sell Sasuke out, and they can take their anger out on him."

Sakura explains, I face palmed with my free hand.

"Those idiots.. don't worry Sakura, all go stop them."

Sakura smiles.

"Really!?"

"Yes, but first.."

I look over at Kakashi and he raises an eyebrow.

"What?"

I raise my right arm and show him his hand, still holding a tight grip on my wrist. Kakashi laughs nervously.

"Sorry, I forgot."

He lets go. I looks at my wrist and I find a large hand-shaped bruise on it. Sakura sees it as well then starts yelling at Kakashi, and Kakashi yells back while waving his hands in front of himself.

"Well I'd love to stay and chat, but I have to go stop my baka teammates. Farewell."

They stop fighting and look at me.

"Thank you, Samui."

Sakura says with a smile. I nod then start going towards the forest.

'Sasuke's old teammates seem to fit with him well. Sakura is caring, Kakashi is sharp, and from what I've heard and seen about Naruto, he's loyal to his team. Why would he want to leave something like that behind? I wish I knew what you're thinking sometimes, Sasuke.'

~

"Oh! Captain Samui."

Omoi says once he notices me walking towards them. I turn to Karui.

"You weren't causing trouble, right Karui?"

I ask and Karui starts sweating nervously.

'I'll take that as a yes.'

"Nevermind that! Lord Killer Bee may still be alive! Let's go hunt down the Akatsuki and save him!"

"And then what, Omoi? We can't go in alone. They're the ones who caught Lord Bee.. You're suggesting that we just go checkout the who-knows-how-many Akatsuki hideouts one by one? We need a plan. We can't repeat the same mistakes that we'd made with Yugito. We'll take the intel to Lord Raikage and he will come up with something."